Kickin' it old school tonight

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned

Reaction score
Frat party gig tonight, no modelers just the Mod50 (VX, SL2), bass amp and the ever badass Vista Lite kit. I'll get some pics tonight.

Be the first time in quite awhile we haven't used modelers on stage, this is going to be fun.

how was it?
I enjoyed the clips of Roman Holiday on the website..and that was modelers, I assume. So how was the tube-gig?

It was insane, couldn't get any pics as we had sorority girls on stage while we were SETTING UP. After the first break I put my vocal mic back in the mic bag and my mic stand up cause I couldn't get to it and the girls were singing (badly) into the mic. At one point a chic asked if I wanted a beer, uh sure, so she tried to poor it in my mouth mid song - without warning me. That equals a beer soaked guitar.

Stage was so packed I couldn't make eye contact with band mates. Finally had to enforce the "non dudes" on stage policy.

Amp sounded great, used VX and SL2 modules. My pedal board was completely jacked up from lack of use. Ended up sticking the Carbon Copy in the loop and using the amp reverb.

Drummer loved the tone, I still think I need the IEM's though.

Yeah all the demo's are a GSP1101 straight to the board.

Good times..nah make that GREAT TIMES!!!
sure there were challenges..pedal board mayhem ,,,but we always survive, dont we?
I had a module act up on me sat night..a loose tube..a simple fix..but it happened mid song..I had to "guess" around it and used my TopBoost to do all my plexi stuff all night long..good thing it has enuff gain.
Glad to hear your back on tubes...
the RHoliday video is cool..but Isuspect your guitar is even better sounding now.
Wish I still lived/worked in temple-Austin area..Id come to one of the shows. I miss Texas, but family need me up in the east.
Still...sounded like a blast. -GtrGeorge

I was in Providence yesterday.

The GSP rig sounds very hi-fi, we get a more produced sound FOH plus almost zero stage volume.

But yeah gig was good. Probably use the Eggie on 10/30 since that bar has gone non-smoking :)