Week with T2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elementmetal

Reaction score
Had a week with the T2 now. Thanks to all that helped with my choice between T2, V2 or Mark IV Mesa.

I've been used to tight as nats Randall G2 solid state for past few years.
This T2 has had me smiling from ear to ear.

I'm not a big fan of hitting the far right boosted overdrive channel on the Randall amps I own all the time because i find you can 100% nail the tone with an extremely tight and absolute controlable amount of sustain/feedback providing your using decent guitar/pickups with just the overdrive channel.

One thing that suprised me about the T2 was how versitile the Mid Level and Sweep controls are. What a huge difference to the sound these make with minimal tweeking. It really does take sometime to get the right balance between the two, but this amp has nailed the tightness and guts of my G2 but added a fantastic tube sustain.
It sounds brutal. Love it

The clean channel is fantastic also.

Spot on Randall.

My advice is that anyone who wants to consider T2 or V2 but automatically leans towards the V2 as it has the EQ (like I did myself initially), then play both just before you layout the cash. The T2 is versatile and coming from a solid state Randall background, I cant see why you wouldnt want to go the tube preamp way like the T2 does with all 3 of its channels as the tone and tightness is the same but better than the solid state.

Great amp.

new album recordings up soon using the T2.

Watch this space