Got my Brahma & Scary mods back from Jaded Faith...WOW!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod

Reaction score
The stock Brahma and Scary modules stock, are very good sounding preamps...They do have their limitations though...
1st, the Brahma....Great Marshall tones...some of the best I've ever heard...[I've owned many Marshalls..new and old...]...but the Brahma could have more bass, and it doesn't have enough gain to excel in hot rodded lead tones....The Jaded Faith version now has plenty of bass, and it has a pull boost on the gain control that kicks it into high overdrive..still very tight, and lost none of the original tones....amazing preamp now....incredible sounding..touch sensitive as well
The Mr. Scary stock was a good SLO tone, but when you got the gain past 1 o'clock, it started to sound trebly and not as full..The bottom end got mushy as well...The Jaded Faith version has more gain, and it sounds even better,more articulate..,,more clear.I'm not good at describing tones....tighter low end...another incredible mod..It truly sounds as good or better than my old Purple Soldano 100 from the early 90's!!!!!.Rob's workmanship is stellar as well...Just wanted to let all you folks know about this man...although most of you already do...

I have a JF modded Brahma and I agree with your results. How does the Brahma compare to the Scary now? I have a stock Grail that I might send in to get the Orange switch or I might just trade it for a modded Scary.

eyeball987 said:
I have a JF modded Brahma and I agree with your results. How does the Brahma compare to the Scary now? I have a stock Grail that I might send in to get the Orange switch or I might just trade it for a modded Scary.
The Brahma and Scary are very different sounding////Brahma is Marshally, and Scary is Soldano....I'm using them both in my 100 watt Lynchbox.....I also had a Grail;;stock...but I traded it cause I don't care for the tone of Rectifiers

eyeball987 said:
I kind of think of the Scary as a great pickup point for where a modded Plexi or Brahma leave off. If you were running a RM100 with a clean tone in slot 1 these would be great matches in 2 and 3.

Jaded Faith said:
eyeball987 said:
I kind of think of the Scary as a great pickup point for where a modded Plexi or Brahma leave off. If you were running a RM100 with a clean tone in slot 1 these would be great matches in 2 and 3.
That's exactly my set up...a Super V, [soon to go to Jaded Faith as well], The JF Brahma, and the JF Scary.....amazing tones!!!

I have a RM50 and the Egnater DLX and JF modded Brahma live in there now. I plug and play with the Grail which sounds great but I am more of a Marshall guy so I am looking to either trade it for a Scary or mod it for the Orange switch and pick up a Scary in a month or so.

Personally MR. Scary and the SL+ sound really close to me. It doesn't sound like a Soldano SLO to me AT ALL! I always thought they were just charging people more for fire on the face plate and skull knobs! People will pay more if Lynch's name is on there.
The Brahma was really hard to get for a while. It's really close to a Plexi. A little more articulate and a touch more gain.
The only time I've EVER liked the Grail module is played with Seymour Duncan Blackout pickups with the gain dimed and drop tuning. Very Mesa Rectifier with less low end.

Not quite... The Lynch modules are set to create Lynch tones not specific amps. Lynch sometimes runs his old Super Lead AND his SLO together and that's what Mr. Scary covers. It's what you hear when he's doing that. It's what he did on "Wicked Sensation".

Jaded Faith said:
eyeball987 said:

Quick update: I have been running a KH1, JF Brahma, and JF Scary in my RM100 for about 6 months now and loving it. I also have a stock SL+ and Gigmods Ultra XL that I swap in and out to mix it up.

Zander said:
Did I read on here somewhere that JF can make a KH-2 or a KH-3 switchable into both the KH-2 AND KH-3?

Rob probably can but the only one I've seen and heard was from Antony (Salvation)...

Had it here with Michael (MorgMetal) side by side with a KH2 and KH3...it sounded better than both!

Zander said:
Did I read on here somewhere that JF can make a KH-2 or a KH-3 switchable into both the KH-2 AND KH-3?
I certainly could for you, but I haven't really been the best at marketing R&D options lately. :lol: MTS mods have actually been pretty dead this year, but I am always up for custom requests.

I took a new job managing Russo Music Center and have my wedding in 50 days, so things have been BUSY here. I actually do a ton of mods and repairs to non MTS amps locally now through the store as a side business and it's been really fun and interesting. Aside from re-tubes and regular maintenance I have had a few cool jobs in lately: hot-rodding a Marshall 1959RR Mark-II head, modded Recto-verb Combo #250 to allow for EL34's and 6L6's with adjustable bias / changed the loop to Serial and tweaked the power section, modded a first year 5150 Block-letter head with a few switching options and MM trannies.

Wow someone paid over 2 grand for a RR head to have it modded... that seams nuts to me. What did they want done to it?