PayPal holding my money...WTF?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarcomet

Reaction score
Paypal has begun holding payments for some sellers depending on their individual situation.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's the skinny from the website:

Payment hold - a longer definition
A payment hold is an amount of money that belongs to you, set aside by PayPal, while we make sure that your customers are satisfied. The funds for payments received are held temporarily as a pending balance in your account, and released at the end of the given hold timeframe. The funds may be released early if PayPal determines that the transaction has been fulfilled and your customers are satisfied.

Why does PayPal hold payments?
PayPal holds payments to ensure that sellers have sufficient funds in their account if, for example, a customer files a dispute. This allows PayPal to provide a fast and secure payment service to you and your customers while keeping our prices competitive.

We know this is a change in the way we do business with you and we hope you understand that, if you incur a payment hold, you haven?t done anything wrong. In deciding whether to apply payment holds, we review many factors including transaction activity, business type, and customer disputes.

Why would PayPal hold my payments?
Payment holds may be applied to all transactions in your account if PayPal perceives a risk associated with your account. Holds may be placed on your account if:

?You?ve been a PayPal member for less than 90 days or a new seller and you have limited selling activity
?You have a high rate of customer disputes
?You?re selling in a high risk category or industry such as, but not limited to, tickets, travel, gift certificates, computers, consumer electronics, or cell phones
?You have a spike in selling activities or begin selling in a category without an established history
If your account is subject to payment holds, PayPal will provide you with notice specifying the terms. The terms may require that the amounts received into your account are held for a certain period of time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I've been an Ebay/PayPal member for 5+ years (but have fewer than 30 sales)
2. I have no disputes (spotless record, 100% feedback)
3. High risk catagory (musical equip), but the item sold was only $100
4. I sold 4 items on the same day (sales spike?)

They only held one of four payments. I shipped the unit off Oct. 26th and UPS reports it was delivered on Nov. 2nd.
Paypal claims my payment will be released in 6 days from the delivery date. Today is day 6.
I feel like I am being treated unfairly.

Your thoughts?

3. High risk catagory (musical equip), but the item sold was only $100
4. I sold 4 items on the same day (sales spike?)

that

...and they get 6 days of interest over the money they held on their account
Easy money!

paypal has gone down hill, In canada CIBC just released a new debit card that works on the Visa net work like a credit card...for me im done with paypal but i dont sell items on ebay

Canada is way fucking cool. I want to live there. Anybody want to sponsor me on a work visa? Seriously...

Yeah, it must be nice to live in a country that isn't owned and operated by wealthy assholes. Pretty soon we will have to pimp ourselves out to get health care. It is so corrupt and so many people are voting for the very fucks that are causing our problems!! :(
I guess that's the power of TV and the media. So are there any jobs in Canada that want to hire an American? I'll work for health care. :lol: