How to tell amp's/module's age/manufacturing date?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolthrash

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just wonder if any of the serial numbers or anything on the RM100 amp head and/or the preamp modules tells you the date when it was made?
Thanks.

I want to say that my modules have dates on them. At least, I know that some of the ones I have/had did anyway.

I'm not too sure, and I get a bit confused about the format if they are dates as I'm Australian and use a different date format to the USA.

First two digits of the module's serial indicate the year and the next two digits indicate the month.

0812XXXXX = December 2008

Sorry to bump an old post for my newbie'ness. I guessed the date codes on the mods and it seems after reading this I was right(doesn't happen much) ;) Would someone be able to tell me how I can tell when my Lynch box was made?

Thank-you

slashnstrings said:
Sorry to bump an old post for my newbie'ness. I guessed the date codes on the mods and it seems after reading this I was right(doesn't happen much) ;) Would someone be able to tell me how I can tell when my Lynch box was made?

Thank-you

+1. I have an RM100 and the first four numbers read "0702". Going by the module date format that would put this one at February 2007. When did they start making these?

hmmmm. my rm100m serial number starts with 3122 which doesnt sound like a date to me? doubt my amp was made in the 22 month of 1931. anyone else got a serial number near mine?
i gave someone my serial number and they seem to think its not formatted correctly and that i may have the wrong number, but its on my label just under the model # on the back of my head. i just got it back from randall so i'm pretty sure if the number wasnt right then randall woulda picked up on it. :?

The earlier post about the month followed by the year is correct. If you have something different, I'd suggest contacting Randall. I have seen a few that used an odd batch code, but the month/year is the standard convention.

There is a white sticker on the back of my RM50 combo near "Serial Number:" that reads "-K02BFU068- Inspected by QC Passed". Note the dashes before and after the number. Is the manufacture date coded in there somewhere? I am trying to figure out if I have one of the older boards prone to the arcing issue?

just got this sl+ with a serial i have no idea about...also it looks to be a different faceplate from my other ones which all have a black bar up the top...also it has silver screws instead of black.

9195f8cb9d6dbc1776b28f9e0f0b67ad_zpsqsnaktj8.jpg

this early or recent? anything i should be worried about?

okay upon further inspection i found 2-27-02 on the board...so i'm guessing it's one of the OG modules. my question still stands: anything to be worried about?

Checked my RM100 and it's 0802. I did notice that the model was wrong as it says RM100ME (ME metal export?) only mine is a palomino fronted one. I wonder if that means the front has been changed or if the man with the model stickers at the factory was having an epic run on Tetris that day and wasn't paying attention

Hmm, the rm100 i got a couple of months back has no serial or model number in the back, the fields are empty white.