Ned's Rig

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned

Reaction score
Here she is in geek format

neds-guitar-rig.jpg

My rig is:

Pedal Board:
Fishman Powerblend (to split stereo signal from guitar with piezo and magnetic pickups in it)
Loooper A/B switch to switch from stereo guitar cable to mono guitar cable
Budda Wah
Peterson Strobostomp
MXR Phase 90 (EVH)
FullTone OCD
MJM Blues Devil (Tube Screamer)
2 Axess GRX4's (switchers)
Axess MFC5 (midi program controller)
DI Box for piezo signal

Amp:
Randall RM50B with Ruby 6l6 power tubes
Blackface and TopBoost modules usually in the amp (also have SL+ and Plexi that don't get used as much. . wish I had a third slot for the Plexi! Resisting the temptation to either hook up my old IE4 with another GRX4 or get an M4 and go nuts.)

2 slot rack bag:
Furman power conditioner of some sort
Rocktron Xpression (in the loop of the RM50B): I only use this such that the dry signal is left in analog mode (ie reverb, delay, etc.)

The MFC5's are used to switch out all of the pedals, switch the piezo signal on and off, switch programs on the Xpression, and control the amp channel on the RM50B.

Stuff that I want to add:
Fulltone ChoralFlange
Sweet Sound Mojo Vibe
More Evidence Audio cables (only have one now. . . now I need them all over.)

Please let me know if you have an opinion on these pedals!

Stuff that I might remove:
Blue Devil (I think I like the OCD better for getting a bit more overdrive.)

I'm usually playing my Anderson Atom unless I need sparkly clean stratty-sounding stuff or I need the piezo pickup, then I play an Anderson Drop Top.

I'll try to get pictures and a guitar geek-ish drawing done at some point.

Almost forgot!

I'm using a hotplate with the RM50B which works GREAT! I almost wish it were even quieter though. . . would it be nuts to use the KTX-somethingoranothers while at home, and swap them out when I go play with the band?

Gary,

Try JJ 6V6's in your RM50, you won't need to lug the HotPlate any more.

ned said:
Gary,

Try JJ 6V6's in your RM50, you won't need to lug the HotPlate any more.

I only use the hotplate at home. I find the 6l6's are just loud enough to play with my drummer at practice. Seems more likely that I'd screw up the amp if I were changing out powertubes every week. What do you think?

My drummer hits pretty loud. I was running E34L's at about 1-2 oclock with the Hot Plate at 8%. I can run the 6V6's at 1-2 without the Hotplate.

Both rehearsal and gig volume. I'm using a 4x10 cab so that could be the difference.

Here's what I'm running:

Rack-mount amp setup:

- Randall RM4 ( w/ Blackface, TopBoost (modded), Plexi and 1086 modules)
- VHT 2/50/2 (still waiting for this though!!! >.<)

Pedal Board:

- Morley Bad Horsie II Wah, DNA Analogic Gain Fxxker II, Whizzer Mod Boss SD-1, Antelope Morning Dew EQ, Fulltone Choralflange, Digitech DigiDelay, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+ and a Paul Cochrane TIM on order! :)

Cabinets:

Randall MTS RS125CX Cab
Randall MTS 2x12 RM-100S Cab ( 2 - Eminence Texas Heat Speakers)

Forgot to mention, I'm hooking up my entire setup with all new Bayou Cables too! Those things ROCK! I only have one instrument cable and 2 speaker cables from him thus far but they sound great! I just bought new patch cables from him and I need to order two more instrument cables too! Anyone looking for new, quality cables that aren't TOO expensive (much less than like monster cables or stuff like that) check out Butch at www.bayoucables.com . I give him 2 thumbs up! :)

Sadly, I haven't been able to play half of those pedals yet because I'm STILL effing waiting on my VHT to get here. I'm really hoping this kid sent it out last week as he promised, as it's already been over 2 weeks now! Don't really want to go through the whole eBay/paypal route, I'd rather just have my amp already! lol

Should be a pretty killer setup once I get it up and running (and tweak it up!)!! I'll take pictures of it and post it soon once I get everything together! 8)

Gary-

Got a pic of that pedal board. Trying to integrate my GRX4's and MFC5 onto my board too.

Ned

ned said:
Gary-

Got a pic of that pedal board. Trying to integrate my GRX4's and MFC5 onto my board too.

Ned

I'll try to get one sometime this weekend. It ain't pretty. . need to get some more George L's to clean it up, but the placement is decent.

OK, here goes. Note that I didn't notice how badly I need to dust until after I saw these pictures. :)

Again, excuse the messy pedalboard. . . need to clean it up.

rig.jpg

pedalboard.jpg

Gary-

Thanks for the pics. Is that a NGM pedal board? if so what size did you get?

ned said:
Gary-

Thanks for the pics. Is that a NGM pedal board? if so what size did you get?

I got the biggest one from here:

http://www.nycpedalboards.com/

The pedal power 2 is hiding under the shelf.

Theres a few threads there with many images you can use

http://guitargeek.com/chat/showthread.php?s=aff2c95d708fd97f910a8cb48db0cb7c&threadid=60662&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

http://guitargeek.com/chat/showthread.php?s=aff2c95d708fd97f910a8cb48db0cb7c&threadid=51444&perpage=15&pagenumber=1