i just bought a mr scary!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmf5150

Reaction score
well the 1st module i got coming for the rm4 i bought is the mr scrary.looking forward to it!
stan

great pick,man!!! you'll love it.it's got a really nice tone and definately one of the best mts modules!!!

Just got my Mr Scary... Awesome! Turn the gain to 12:00 and get great AC/DC "back in black" tones too.

got the module,sounds great!!does the lynch thing very well..im very surprised..

My Mr. Scary module seems to have allot of gain. It's 2 months old and has the original tubes in it. I might have to try changing the tubes and see what happens. At 12:00, it sounds like the Back for the Attack CD. At 2:00 or more it's real metal sounding.

Anyone else's like this?

Me too, and I love it. I have the Mr. Scary and an XTC. I was very torn between the Grai and the Scary. I liked the voicing of the Grail, it was very aggressive, even though it does not have as much gain.

i was not diging the mr scary with the my maple guitar with a lynch screamin demon.i switched over to the duncan distortion and i am in dokken heaven.

I wonder how the Mr Scary sounds using it and comparing E34L JJ's and 6L6 tubes, any one have any idea's?

I have a Mr Scary too...has way more gain than I expected...maybe the JJ ECC83s in it....I think I might change pre-amp tubes anyway, this module could use something brighter IMO.

metalmm785 said:
Maybe try a JJ with an Eh, I had good results with that combination :D

Yeah...I was thinking v1 = EH, v2 = teh JJ FTW!

or maybe v1 = a brighter, long plate tube like an Ei or a GT 12ax7M

Yea, that second combination would surely sound good 2. Seems those Gt mullards are really popular with marshall-style circuits. I have the Chinese version and i really dig it.