Randall RH150G3Plus Sound problem

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Espex87

Reaction score
Hey!

I've just bout this Randall. Tested it on several hours on a randall cab, before switching to a peavey. No problems occured while testing. I bought the Randall together with an Peavey 412 XL 400 watt@16ohm and the randall does 150 watt at 4ohm. Should I use 2 cables out from the Randall into the Peavey or just 1 cable?

At home, when I spice up the volume level, sometimes the sound temporarily dissapears. Anyone know more about this? How do you fix this or what causes this?

Also:Could also anyone provide me with a manual of this amp? I bought it in the store which was the last one they had.

I've got the same amp and a similar problem with it I've been dealing with for a while. On mine, the sound after playing for a while will die out almost completely. (If you crank it, you can hear it, but it sounds horrible). The preamp is still going, you can use the line out from the back same as always, but the power section has a problem. On mine, if I hit it hard enough, the sound comes back, as if something was loose in it. I have no idea what caused this, or how to fix it.

I emailed the company when I bought this thing to get a manual, and what they sent me was the paper with the warnings on it that came with the head. "Read all warnings / heed all warnings / make sure you read the warnings" etc etc. but nothing of any real use. I don't think there IS a decent manual for it.

Just an update in case anyone cares, or runs into the same problem. Was pretty simple, the tube was dying. Replaced with a new tube (Used a Mesa ecc81) and it's good as new. Anyone else who has volume issues with these amps, I recommend swapping the tube first.