Changes for 2010

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
Few interesting developments for the new year:

1) No more custom work for the time being. I have some backlog that needs to be dealt with first. I'm not taking any new work right now.
I may do some customs after the beginning of the year, but we'll have to see. It's likely that any true customs are going up in price and my timeframe is going to be more accurate (longer).

2) I'm going to focus on having modules 'already modded' and ready to go. Will also allow a generous trade in on your stock module if you have one. These modules will have the most popular mods with no deviations allowed. This way people don't have long waits for my mods - worst case scenario is that you have to wait for me to get your trade in and test it.

3) If I do the two steps above, it gives me more time for R&D and being on the forums. Here are a few things I'm going to work on:

Uber module, I still have a bogner uber waiting for me to put it's tone to the MTS amps
Silver Jubilee module - I bought a 2553 50 watt Silver Jubilee Marshall stack recently in the name of research ;)
Budda module - bought a superdrive head, again, in the name of research
Fender Twin - bought one of these for an Eric Johnson setup, going to use it to voice the blackface module mods
MTS amp mods too.

I also have a really cool pedal concept, and a few other surprises. It isn't all going to be MTS stuff, but it's going to be interesting.

2009 was a bumpy year, hoping for greater things for all of us and apologies for those who have suffered from my turnaround times.
The changes above should alleviate this. I'm not out to do modules like McDonalds does hamburgers, and I need to remember this.

Pete

Even if this means I have to delay my plans to grab one of your modules, I'm quite happy to see this post! Nothing in here is bad news, aside from the fact that we can't get a module this second =P

My GAS and my funds have pretty much dried up..LOL...but keep on bringin' it!

Rock on Petey! \m/ :twisted: \m/

Great post and I'm happy I spoke to you earlier. Looks like an exciting year, time to save up a bunch of money!

So wait pete, let me get this straight. If i trade in a stock module of mine, i would get back a modded module???

NgrungeBB91 said:
So wait pete, let me get this straight. If i trade in a stock module of mine, i would get back a modded module???

We can do that, yes. Or you can trade in your module and I can mod it, which would take a little longer but nothing like it's been.

After it's modded, they are all the same essentially unless you have an attachment to silver versus black screws on the carrier. The things that make the revisions different are changed in the mods, so IMHO it's not a big deal. This is just a way I came up with to get people immediate turnaround and less stress for all of us. Last year sucked for a timely turnaround and if I already have the module ready and trade for a stocker, then this makes things so much better for everyone.

As always I can be emailed at [email protected] if there are further questions or concerns.

Pete

okstrat said:
NgrungeBB91 said:

We can do that, yes. Or you can trade in your module and I can mod it, which would take a little longer but nothing like it's been.

After it's modded, they are all the same essentially unless you have an attachment to silver versus black screws on the carrier. The things that make the revisions different are changed in the mods, so IMHO it's not a big deal. This is just a way I came up with to get people immediate turnaround and less stress for all of us. Last year sucked for a timely turnaround and if I already have the module ready and trade for a stocker, then this makes things so much better for everyone.

As always I can be emailed at [email protected] if there are further questions or concerns.

Pete

Oh alrighty