RM100LB Lynch Box

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slashnstrings

Reaction score
Hey everyone I am new to the forums and was wondering if i could get your opinion.

Tomorrow morning I am going to trade My Mesa Boogie Roadster Head for a RM100LB loaded with 3 mods, Blackface, XTC, and SL+, also will come with a Jaded faith modded Tread plate

You think it was a fair straight trade??

Thanks

I was first to vote & respond

I think that's a fair deal. It depends on what you need.
Both amps are nice.
I'd personally rather have the Randall, but I'd suggest that the Mesa might last longer with less maintenance.
Still, I'd pick the Randall.
These modules are great, and the modded ones...well...you'll find out.

I'd suggest you test the footswitch out before the guy leaves. Might have an intermittent problem. Could be blowing fuses on the guy, too.
It's a semi-common issue with the RM 100.

Well in all honesty I bought the Mesa Roadster because it did have the best options, tone, and overall appeal to me at the time i was trying amps out. The rm100 series was not an amp that i tried, and to be honest i was very bias when trying out amps, i went with the ones i grew up wanting soooo bad like the JCM800, Marshall Mode 4, Mesa boogies, Fender's and then a few other high gains like peavey 6505 and others. I never gave Randall nor orange or any others a fair shot. Now i can't say that i am unhappy with the mesa but I play many many styles of music and my ear for tone changes quickly as i assume i am still "growing into myself". I playalot of music, gigs and recored - demos so far in my 13 year track recored(lol im not on a good track) But hope to start some pro recording. I do like the fact that whenever my stlye for tone and amps might change i will be able to pay 250 bucks and have a new "amp" more or less.
oh to clarify I am trading My mesa roadster head for a RM100LB with 4 mods and the Randall 2x12 cab w/Seventy80s

@guitarcomet - you said the Randall may need more maintenance, in what way? and the footswitch blows fuses? why is that and can it be fixed permanently?

Based on recent sales, I say the Roadster was worth a little more...but not much.

Both are great amps, however the flexibility of the MTS cannot be denied!

I've passed up chances at a Roadster and still have my MTS gear, so I vote Yes.

slashnstrings said:
@guitarcomet - you said the Randall may need more maintenance, in what way? and the footswitch blows fuses? why is that and can it be fixed permanently?

My first unit (from Music123) wouldn't switch channels. Something about the midi chip was screwy. I was also told NEVER to plug in the footswitch when the power is on (which I never did) but maybe this happened before my first unit was shipped. My second unit worked fine.

These amps also have a tendency to blow fuses (so I'm told) and many of the users on this forum have told of their woes with fuses popping.
I think this problem may be just the older amps. Mine is about a year old and I've never had a fuse blow.
Could someone here post about this please?
I have read several threads about this. (but not recently)
Nothing is perfect (not even Mesa/Boogie stuff) and stuff breaks down.
There are lemons in every product line (so it seems).
Just check the unit thoroughly, test all the channels. (crank it!)
If it blows, that's deal breaker!

Ok so i got it. The guy was really nice and a pretty cool cat. Hooked it all up and tried it and it sounds great. it absolute mint condition not even dust anywhere. the only thing is on the very bottom of the head the tolex glue seems to be letting go, nothing some tire glue can't fix, lol. It sounds awesome with my BBE on it and I am very excited and impressed. Letting go of the Mesa name was the hardest thing, but i have almost already forgotten about her :wink: Oh and it doesn't blow fuses I played it pretty hard and though all the channels with the foot switch for alt least 5 hours straight.

Thanks for the pointers. I'll keep everyone posted on what i blow up :lol:

I'm voting 100% Yes as all other amps I've owned are now gone.

The Randall blew fuses simply due to poor fuse quality and a low rating for the cct, in my case atleast... no issues there since i change out to good american fuses.
Build quality is not as high as Soldano etc... but it's a very wel concieved design and equally on par with and exceeds most production amps.
Biasing can be done without opening the chassis.

Clean your Module and amp's connection point from time to time with a reliable contact cleaner, bias regularily, blow dust out, clean fan... as part of a by-monthly maintenance.

Excellent representation of tone from the amps that inspire the mods... for what I've owned so far.
Mesa amps can be muddy... sorry Mesa owners but I hear it and so do many people I know that bought Mesa thinking they bought the best only to sell/trade the amp later on. The Dual Rec is a killer amp in my opinion the Triple Rec is a **** amp in my opinion. The Lone Star is muddy bla bla bla... again just my opinionion. A friend of mine recently went back to the shop he purchased his Lone Star at and complained about the amps lack of clarity... they said they were aware and recommended a pedal which brighntened up the signal.

I sold my 1983 JCM 800 ( miss it ), sold my Soldano and Koch and don't miss them at all. The Lynch Box sounds KILLER.

I actually traded my Koch Multitone 100 2x12 ( $3600 new ) for a LB half stack and four modules... I miss the Koch's channel 2 but it's not enough to make me ever regret the second Lynch Box.

YES YES YES