1086 for Grail

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khingpynn

Reaction score
Had two Grails and decided to trade for 1086. Recieved the 1086 yesterday... thanks Kyle... the Grail should land at you place this week.

Tried it out last night and I'm very happy with this module. Excellent plexi to hot rodded plexi tones.. I really like the tightness of this module and the clarity... the top end is "shaved off" and refined to the frequencies that are not harsh and very "broken tempered glass" with no shrill or harsh noises. I quickly dialed in great old school Plexi tones then with a flick of the gain boost went in to a Back For the Attack era Lynch high gain tone, nice! With the mid switch set to scoop out mids I could easily get modern tight metal tones that lean towards rec or fireball but with a tighter bottom, non harsh upper mids and highs and excellent clarity.

I wish I got this Module three years ago when I got the LB first.

I'm going to use it in my 6L6 head as a third channel along with the Grail in #2 and the Blackface in #1.

Outside of my obvious happyness with the results from the 1086 the trade experience I have had so far with Kyle has been excellent. Hopefully the Grail gets recieved in good order and Kyle digs it as much as I do... it's a killer Module!

Cheers
Craig

I received the Grail yesterday morning and what a great sounding module, Personally I like this module better then the 1086 it has more of a meaner sound to it. I?m running it in my RM50 combo along with my Ultra that was modified by Pete (GIGMODS) and both of these modules have a great tone. Thanks for the trade and hope the 1086 is what you need in your rig. I have a question for you, do you have any good dealers in Calgary that you can recommend who care about selling Randall products, because I?m looking to convert my combo into a head and I need a head shell but the dealer in Edmonton wont take the time to get me a cost and delivery.

Try Music Center Canada (MCC) on Macleod trail in Calgary, pretty cool bunch of guys, and know is the perfect time there slow after xmas. I usually deal with Brad he's willing to help

Brad or nathan at that branch... good guys... Greg at the west store... probably the best guy MCC has... he will take care of your stuff.

wow, is there actually a music shop in Calgary selling Randall MTS gear now?
I say now, but I haven't been there since '08, lol.

wow, is there actually a music shop in Calgary selling Randall MTS gear now?
I say now, but I haven't been there since '08, lol.

Yup, there main line is Randall, I was talking to Brad a few days ago and he said that Randall has changed Canadian Distributors making it easier and quicker to get Randall product, we'll see...

I got my first Lynch Box in 06 at MCC in Airdrie... but I had ordered it from Macleod Trail store a few weeks earlier. The second one was origionally purchased there a few months before i got it from the owner.

Total Music Centre also has some Randall MTS stuff... a Lynch Box half stack and modules that I've seent here but it may be sold now i have not been there in months.

Lefty1979 said:
I have a question for you, do you have any good dealers in Calgary that you can recommend who care about selling Randall products, because I?m looking to convert my combo into a head and I need a head shell but the dealer in Edmonton wont take the time to get me a cost and delivery.

I meant to send this in a pm.