Brahma being Discontinued?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuicideCircus

Reaction score
My local dealer is telling me the BRahma will be discontinued, and there will be a new lynch module geared for more Downtuning and such.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

one of these admins posted that 1086, Super V, & Brahma will be discontinued; new mods will replace them.

I think DFriedman may be involved in the new Lynch mods

I heard this a while back from my local dealer as well. They're replacing it with a brand new George Lynch module, designed in conjunction with masterful amp guru Dave Friedman. Can't wait to hear that one in action.

I love my modded Brahma and Mr Scary. I still really want a Grail with orange switch added too. The Judge is more than likely going to be picked up too. Endorsement ***** or not, George knows tone.

Given the chance most would be endorsement *****... I mean really espcially when it comes to stuff like this... amp guru developing your sig tone... why should anyone have all thier eggs in one basket... network and sell selll sell, is that not how artists earn a living?
Only an example... When Mr.Scary becomes the soundtrack for the new Hummr commercial will G be a sell out... would you turn down that pay cheque?

just a little rant not directed at anyone here... an opinion sharing session if you will.

Anyways if DFriedman is doing a module with Lynch... I've got two lynch Box heads ( 6L6 and EL34 ) that are hungry for more.

eyeball987 said:
I love my modded Brahma and Mr Scary. I still really want a Grail with orange switch added too. The Judge is more than likely going to be picked up too. Endorsement ***** or not, George knows tone.
I have both a modded Brahma and modded Scary from Jaded Faith, and they are KILLER tones in each...I don't tune down, nor play metal, but these modules for rock, or Blues/Rock are just the best...Out of the 12 I own, these are my 2 favorites....next to these is the Super V...

:(

I am really disappointed to read this. The Brahma is perhaps my favorite module of them all. This and the KH1. If it weren't for this module I'd have gotten a 1987X or DSL. This module got me into the modular Randalls.

* great tone with lots of mids on tap.
* plenty of gain on tap -- okay it won't do metal but it'll cover everything from Jimi's purple plexi on up through the DSL. And it has room to be goosed with an overdrive pedal. It IMO the closest to an actual Marshall tone.
* lots of clarity.

The stock Brahma sounds better than Mr. Scary, Grail, and the SL+. I grabbed my SG and ripped through Who Invited You. I just got through cranking my rig to blow the cobwebs out of the room and used this. I got a good Mr. Scary tone, too (bass & treble noon, mids @ 3:00, gain @ 11:00). I was running the SL+, Brahma, and Mr. Scary and kept going back to the Brahma. It is my Precious.

The upside is that I've got one of them, and "you ca----n't have it." -- Magic Bus. :wink: