Where did I go wrong? [Eggie SL+ (to be SL) stuff]

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joey_truelove

Reaction score
Dales district, Sweden - heartland of Swedish folk
Let's take it from the beginning: I found a great deal for an Egnater M-4 and a couple of modules for it. It was in Italy so I had i sent to Sweden and it arrived here safe and sound.

First thing I did was it got an unjustifiable arc, since the voltage selector was set on 110V and not 230V mains voltage. Later I knew it has a fuse and a thermo fuse so it had survived that.

Trying to get things in operational order, I got in touch with Bruce Egnater, whom at first seemed very humble about his craft and really serviceminded. He sent me schematics for the M-4 whilst on holliday (!).

In return I sent him a photo he'd asked for, depicting two cut leads of the transformer, the 220 and 240V ones. We figured out it also didn't have the 9V midi voltage. Bruce requested for more photos, but having asked him what to photograph I RECIEVED NO REPLY! :(

A few months gone by I tried to get in touch with Egnater amplifiers once again, but they just won't get back to me :cry: I have no clue what I might have said or done. I always cross every "t" and dot every "i", I always say "please"... :cry: :cry:

Why not take it to a guitar tech near you? You have the schematics. There is only so much that can be done over the phone.

Ziggy!! said:
Why not take it to a guitar tech near you? You have the schematics. There is only so much that can be done over the phone.
Very kind of you Ziggy! No, I don't have any schematics - that's the problem. They're now in data heaven. More importantly so: I never had the scematics for the particular module - or rather the module to which I intend to convert this module to.

Wow, so you are referring to something that you didn't mention once in your post other than an overly vague title? Was your communication with Egnater this vague?

Do you actually know for sure that you can convert the module? Regardless of that, I can fully understand a manufacturers unwillingness to send out schematics of the business end of their product to random individuals. If I were you id try and trade it or sell it and buy the module you actually want.

No offense, but I've read your first post a few times and I'm still not sure I understand what the problem is/what your asking for.....therein could be the problem.

Ziggy!! said:
Wow, so you are referring to something that you didn't mention once in your post other than an overly vague title? Was your communication with Egnater this vague?

Do you actually know for sure that you can convert the module? Regardless of that, I can fully understand a manufacturers unwillingness to send out schematics of the business end of their product to random individuals. If I were you id try and trade it or sell it and buy the module you actually want.
I have recently found out that my mails are being filtered away by AOL. That's why Bruce never recieves my mails! I can reach him from my mother's hum-bucket and soon we'll be on the way!