The Judge

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
SO, I've been reading that George Lynch is releasing a new module called The Judge, does anyone know what it could be based on?

I've also heard htat the Brahma, and Mr. Scary are being discontinued. Is this true, because that really is **** news.

It's here on the forum somewhere, but I can't find it...LOL. From what I read, the Brahma, Super V, and 1086 are being discontinued. 1086 is being re-released as a Plexi+ and hopefully with some changes. If Mr Scary is discontinued then that would just suck.

I thought the V needed more low end presence; great chimey tones but came off a bit thin sounding IMO

seemed like a Love/Hate module

crankyrayhanky said:
I thought the V needed more low end presence; great chimey tones but came off a bit thin sounding IMO

seemed like a Love/Hate module

Oh ok. Personally I like a nice thick round clean sound, I hate the twang and chime(even though it has its place )

I can definitely see possible low sales on the Super V, as more of a boutique piece and not a top seller. That said, from clips Ive heard I must say the Super V's cleans sounded very good. Chimey cleans with lots of age and character. Right up my alley, never been a big fan of "squeaky clean" cleans. Even when driven to crunch it sounded surprisingly good. One of these days I really have to hunt down one.

Yeah, that's dead on with the Super V, it's an aquired taste, and defo not for everyone. It's still my fave clean stock module, then the KH1, then modded has to be the Salvation Loneclean, I'll have that one day.
But in the mean time I am thinking of getting the Super V modded with push/pukk bass and mids, I think that'd really open it up!

riff man said:
super V = very underated maodule - it should be taken more seriously imo

Most of the cleaner stuff is very underrated. And ignored. Look at 90% of the posts about modules...... high gain stuff. What's a middle-aged blues/rock player to do?

it's fun to crank up the amp and the gain every now and then, but 90% of the time I find myself grabbing my Strat, then clicking on the KH1 and a tubescreamer with a little reverb.

The Super V is incredible for clean arpeggiated parts. Thinking of modding it for less gain to increase the usable clean range.

The SuperV is the proper version of the TopBoost! The TopBoost has WAY too much gain. You can't get a clean sound out of if! They should just retire the SuperV name, call it the Top Boost and drop the current Top Boost. People looking for the VOX sound are usually trying to get Beatles tones.

George's tech posted on the Lynch forum today, regarding the Judge:

"As George's tone palette constantly changes, he has gone back to the land of high gain. I haven't heard it yet but yes, George is working on it in his garage. There are skeletal fragments of modules all over the place and it's a constant work in development.

Stay tuned..."

Caine said:
George's tech posted on the Lynch forum today, regarding the Judge:

"As George's tone palette constantly changes, he has gone back to the land of high gain. I haven't heard it yet but yes, George is working on it in his garage. There are skeletal fragments of modules all over the place and it's a constant work in development.

Stay tuned..."

Interesting. I thought that Dave Friedman was doing it. Actually, I was pretty sure that I read a while ago that Dave had it done and they were just waiting on Randall to release it. Same thing with the Scott Ian modules.

Maybe they had a finished design, but Randall wasn't able to get it into production faster than GL's tastes could change, and now he's gone back to the drawing board with it.

iekobrid said:
Maybe they had a finished design, but Randall wasn't able to get it into production faster than GL's tastes could change, and now he's gone back to the drawing board with it.

:lol: But in reality his tastes don't really change. He still prefers his PLexi & Soldano and a number of pedals. All said tho I can not think of a tone of his I did not like.