My randall experience

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mixdiver

Reaction score
sincerest apologies do you people even understand what i have been
through to get your product to work. I purchased a rm4 5 modules a
rt2/50 and a 2/12 cabinet 3000 dollars plus for my new guitar rig. I
get it home the RM4 looked like it had been on the road for a year
banged up bent up and slots 1 and 3 would not work. The DAY i get a
new rm4 i plug everything in and my rt2/50 has sparks coming out of it
like the 4th of July. Oh forgot i had to take apart my cabinet to
tighten screws that your company did not.

I have been dreaming about this rig for 2 years saving up for it and
it has been nothing but a complete head ache. I have never dealt with
such poor customer service in my life.

I worked for a music store for almost 10 years i have dealt with reps
from all different amp companies. If one of my customers had to deal
with what i have dealt with your company. I personally wouldn't be
caring your equipment any more. Marshal SWR fender crate mesa boogie
etc.

i live nearly a hour from the store i purchased the equipment from. I
can't be making trips a hour away every time one of your defective
products takes a crap. I play out almost every weekend and I am
wondering if your products will hold up to the road.

You have endorses who travel with two rigs in case something dies. Is
this what i am going to have to do to ensure i can play every gig i
have scheduled. Missing a gig do to equipment problems is totally
unacceptable and more embarrassing than you can possibly imagine.

I buy top of the line gear so i don't have to worry about it. I have
been the unhappy owner of a full Randall rig for over a month and have
yet to even practice with it.

Please excuse me being blunt but something needs done.

You make me out to be some unfair, untruthful, thief who would keep a
defective product. I can't believe this total bull. I have contacted
the dealer and informed him how you are treating what was going to be
a faithful Randall player into someone who will probably hide his rig
on stage or just return it all.

thanks for the horrible customer service. I won't forget all of this.

I hear alot of "you" in there, we are not Randall :) were just regular joe's who have also bought the products you speak of.

We don't beleive in fighting back here, we are more willing to try to help you out to enjoy your products.

The gear you speak of peaks my interest because you say that every peice you bought has malfunctioned in some way. Did you play this rig before you brought it home from you one hour drive away store?
because it's always good to try it first, I had "top of the line " Mesa amp that i didnt try and they turned out to be duds, always try it first.

It sounds like damage from the store not randall, i mean if the stuff it bent and damaged to the extent you speak of donsen't that sounds like transportation damage to you?

If I so much as have a deep scratch on my equipment it get returned and replaced, why have you held on to suck badly damaged equipment for a month hoping it might fix itself, return it and get it replaced, then you will be happy with the product. We are all gigging musicians here and many of us have shed our High priced equipment like Marshall, Mesa, Bogner and custom amps to come to Randall MTS, and were still using it all without problems, so it does work, and it can have amazing results.

Lets us know if your problem gets resolved it would be nice to see you have good rig in the end, even if you deside to use another company's product....we're all musicians , we don't like to see a brother down :)

That is the problem it has been one after another not all at once. thinking back me and the owner of the store should of opened the equipment but even then my problems with my rt2/50 would never of been caught cause the rm4 is in such a demand it looked like they sent me a used one.

The shop i bought from is very small and came highly recommended by your sales rep for the area. he has been fantastic trying to get my problem fixed. when the rm4 came out defective i do what anyone does call the store. He was shocked that the piece of equipment was in that bad a shape. this was i believe on a Monday. finally after a couple of days with no word on a ra I call Randall i have a ra in 15 mins emailed to me. that was my first distressing moment that a consumer myself the people who keep you in business can get something done faster than a store who stocks you product recommends you product. Not going to say were i bought my gear from because it may reflect badly on him. But i guarantee if i ever need another piece of randall equipment i will buy from him. he has had to work his *** off making phone calls. Even going as far as to buying a rt2/50 with out a penny from me. Having it drop shipped to my house so i can return the defective one so i don't have to drive to a ups location. I live in a very rural area and they just are not close.

Thanks to the store owner for trusting me and making this work if it wasn't for him the entire rig would of been returned the day i got it home. To bad it was easier for me to do certain things than even a full blown dealer couldn't make happen.

Sorry if you hear a lot of "ME" in my first post. I am very passionate about my gear and as a retired customer service rep I am also very unforgiving when something is said and not done.

Sorry for rant number 2 but hopefully this will put us more eye to eye.

Oh for got to add this there is know way this stuff was EVER damaged from the store. he doesn't stock them they were ups covered in that special foam that hardens around a object. This was Randall sending out a bad piece hoping for it to hook and be a done deal. There is also no way ups damaged the box they were both perfect upon arrival at the store

I hear your passion, and understand, i didn't mean alot of "me"(as in you) I meant you said "you" alot as in WE here on the forum are Randall, and like I said where not.

I'm glad to hear that the store is trying there best to help you, and from what you said it is very possible that Randall sent you goods that may have been meant for somewhere else or squeaked by QC.

I know Randall has gone through some owner and distributer changes, but as for me up here in Canada, they have gotten better, I can't speak on behalf of the USA.

Hope you get this all sorted out.

Good Luck
JB

hope hope so as well. No company change could be as bad as CBS era fender gear lol

Well it has happened again. I never got a chance to test my SECOND rm4 before my rt2/50 took a dumb. Spent the time midi programing it. turn it on and it sounds just like my first one. My kh1 CLEAN module distorted on ever note i played. xtc was very noisy even with the gain backed down. SL+ the noise i got from this module 2 ns-2's couldn't even quiet. ultra was unusable

I tried every one of these module prior to buying them. They sounded amazing in the amps at the store. The problems have to be with the rm4. It is know wonder they are in limited or no supply.

I will be returning my rig this morning. 2 rm4's and 2 rt2/50s and i have not even gotten a hour of play time is not what i am looking for.

good by randall

Is this a joke? You're talking like we are Randall. Or are you copy and pasting your emails to Randall? If not you're wasting your breath here

MegaGoo said:
Is this a joke? You're talking like we are Randall.
We're not? :shock: Another image blown to smithereens. :lol:

Have you tried it with different guitars? Tried tweaking the knobs? How come many people can get the sound of of it that they want, and you can't?...

^ I wondered the same thing...It seems everyone can get a decent sound out of it but everything you do is ****. Maybe you have to work on dialing tone...Is this your first tube amp??

Have not followed the specifics here, but from that last post it sounds a whole lot like operator error to me. And the part of needing two NS-2s for an SL+ sounds like total baloney to me. The SL+ is not that noisy, that's just ridiculous. Come on.

I've been watching this one from the first post. Sounds to me like either bad operator error, or, someone creating a "paper trail" to suit their purpose.
Sounds like parts of the whole story are missing IMHO.

Hard to believe Randall would send out physically damaged gear as the poster said. If be more apt to believe the store sold a demo unit or a return

OK, let's set things straight here.

1. I buy a piece of gear
2. It breaks down immediately / has serious flaws
3. I return it to the store (or Musician's Friend)
4. I get a new unit or a refund/store credit

What happened? :?

BTW, my first RM 100 head was defective. I returned it. Got another one. (Thanks, Musician's Friend!)

But i guarantee if i ever need another piece of randall equipment i will buy from him
This is odd

You have endorses who travel with two rigs in case something dies. Is
this what i am going to have to do to ensure i can play every gig i
have scheduled.
This is what every serious gigging guitar player will do regardless of the amp they play

I'm not sure how this wasn't fixed from the get-go, but if you drive an hour to buy anything, the risk is you drive an hour to return the item...and we are talking about a production line piece, not some handwired custom piece, so there is inherant risk

Well...My experience is much different. I bought an RM100 way back in '05 and other than power tube changes....NO ISSUES...
These amps do need to be set up properly and tubes biased correctly. Also the Ohm setting on the speaker outs needs to match the cab you are using. If everything is in order, it shouldn't be that outrageously defective. Although I hear that with EL34 tubes they can redplate and the board can arc to ground. That is just silly to think that a company is putting out gear that crappy.
Someone got screwed by a vendor.

I have to say I have never gotten a new piee of equipment in this kind of condition. To think of it I have never gotten a piece of used equipment in this condition or these issues from a store. Even when I got my 1st Jackson (waited 4 months), the day it got to the store, not only did they check it out & set it up, but then I took it, plugged it in at the store, & fiddled with it for a good 15+ minutes checking everything over.

I'm a little suspicious of these claims by the OP. I've owned my RM100 for a few years now, and unless I caught Randall on a good day, mine came flawless. I have heard of modules arriving damaged, or not working correctly (my Recto arrived "challenged"), but considering the small size, and what happens with shipping (like Oops-PS), this is more understandable. Alot of touring pros use the MS series amps, and I haven't heard any comments about this 'problem', and amp scuttlebutt amongst guitarists, especially in the age of the internet, is as common as blades of grass on a ballfield...

Usually, amps that have inherent problems, build or otherwise, become a known quantity quickly.