Recordings with my XTC module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xspiderfingersx

Reaction score
Ok boys here are the two songs we salvaged from our botched free demo. Some timing issues here and there and some other fun stuff, but you get over all idea haha. On my speakers my guitars are banked hard left, haha but i cant be 100% if thats the same for you fellas- in song 1 im the one that does the sustained notes rather then fingerpicked parts.

Prior to clicking and checking out, we are a death/black metal band and there are cookie monster vocals and blast beats....just so youre prepared haha

www.myspace.com/turokmusic

I recorded it through my framus dragon cab w/ v-30s and a jackson soloist w/ a string thru body bridge and prs HFS in the bridge. No idea about the mics there were around 4 of them haha

On my computer, the sustained notes are panned to the right. I've never heard an XTC module (or really any of the MTS stuff) in a death metal setting. Sounds very good & definitely brutal. Is that doubled?

I'm surprised how good that sounds, I'ts always been said that the XTC is not suitable for rythm. I like the definition in the guitar. It really stands out as opposed to a lot of the death metal out there were the guitars are over-scooped.

Thanks guys; each one of the four mics had its own track on the recording so i supposed it was quadrupled? haha. As far as the scooped sound goes, me and the other guitarist both HATE that, so we set up for emphasis on the mids. i have my amps with the mids banked, bass at around 10 oclock, treble around 4 oclock and the gain at 4 oclock as well. The levels on the recording for the volumes i dont really recall, but the density is at 12 oclock and the presence is at 1 oclock. only things i have in front are a noise suppressor and a boss cs-3 compressor. I should add this to the tone databank.