My rig - complete with green LED's!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooter

Reaction score
My Randall/Engl rig. Submitted for your approval...

Notice how moving the location of the Randall logo helps show off the green LED's. :D

guitrigtop.JPG

guitrigtopdark.JPG

randalllightsclose.JPG

guitrigleft.JPG

guitrigright.JPG

Thats hot man. PLS tell me the lp with the floyd is an epiphone!
And can i ask what in gods name you need BOTH the engl and randall for haha. TOO MUCH BRO!

but killer **** none the less. I cant wait for my leds

xspiderfingersx said:
Thats hot man. PLS tell me the lp with the floyd is an epiphone!
And can i ask what in gods name you need BOTH the engl and randall for haha. TOO MUCH BRO!

but killer s*&t none the less. I cant wait for my leds

No Epiphones here. I have a lot of love/respect for Made In Japan guitars. The LP on the left is an ESP Edwards Sugizo model with active Lace sensors and an Original Floyd. The one on the right is a Burny (Fernandes) with a Sustainer.

guitarsbyrig.JPG

Oh, and the Engl just got here, so I'm still learning it's place. :wink: So far, I really like it. Way better clean than I expected, and the high gain has a unique modern tone.

ATTA BOY. My whole guitar collection for the most part consists of tokais actually and im planning on getting an orville or burny lp custom once my amp rig of doom is finished.

Just based on your taste in guitars can i ask if youre a neil schon fan?

and I put the randall badge in the same spot the day i got the head
-dave

are your leds pointing down from the top of the head or are they fastened to the chassis.

Looks killer and im thinking about doing the same.

There are 8 LED's fastened to the chassis in between each of the tubes as well as one on each end. Unfortunately the giant transformers block some of the light. The LED's are encased in little plastic "bulbs" to diffuse the light. That way they're not too intense and directional.

Oh, and I like Neil Schon just fine, but I'm a bigger fan of his taste in guitars. :wink:

Scooter said:
There are 8 LED's fastened to the chassis in between each of the tubes as well as one on each end. Unfortunately the giant transformers block some of the light. The LED's are encased in little plastic "bulbs" to diffuse the light. That way they're not too intense and directional.

Oh, and I like Neil Schon just fine, but I'm a bigger fan of his taste in guitars. :wink:

I like the LEd look, How did you go about installing them, wiring so on and so forth?

Simple install. They're peel 'n stick. As for wiring, the ground wire solders to the chassis, the hot taps into the red fan wire.

I'm thinking to do one with Blue LED's, If all I have to do is the 2 steaps you stated, I should be good then, Thank you bro!:)

hey Scooter, a few last qestions, I was wondering will they require a transformer of some kind?
I've noticed that some people have done it with Neon's before and I was told one time that the transformers could cause some interference and were not advised, do you know anything of this? I'm only asking to be sure and If what you have done dose not take away from the performance and requires no transformer I should be good!
Do you by chance have a name brand and other info on the LED's so i could look for the ones you got online?
let me know what you thought are Scooter and I thank you!

Don't use anything but LED's. They won't add ANY noise and they require a VERY minimal electrical draw. They run on 12 volts. No transformer needed.

There's no brand to look for, they're all the same (probably all built in the same factory in China). Just find a set-up that works for you. There's a bazillion of them to choose from. (Apparently the young fellas love to do their cars up with these.)

I love your ideas and have to ask, Did you buy the cab and then remove the grill baffle cloth and then put the steel grating back on?
I was wondering becase I like the look of you cab sand noticed that the Cabs in the Randall site look as if there is a cloth covering underneath the steel Grate were your's is open with out it and also lined up vertical- nice look bro :)

Is this the same one? Notice there is cloth underneath the steel greate or mabe it's only the way the pict looks.
zoom_ra412xlt-2.jpg