What do you think of Ebay flippers?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see anything wrong with it. A few people have done that with my modules and I just kinda laughed it off because somewhere, someone WILL pay the extra money. I've done it.

From this forum, I bought a MrScary and TopBoost for $205. Months later, I sold the Top Boost for $125 and the MrScary for $185. This may be different because my intent wasn't to make money. I actually wanted those modules, but they ended up redundant with modules I already had.

Well, you take a risk by assuming you can sell something for more, but this kind of speculation is what makes a good chunk of our economy keep ticking, so I guess it's hard to get too upset about...

I noticed how Ebay selling has the tendency to devalue the resell on some really killer equipment. For instance, modules sold on Ebay, generally go for half of what they retail for. It's great for the buyers, but makes it hard for a seller to recoup their investment without getting bent over in the process. I guess if a reseller is selling the item at a higher price point, then they are projecting a higher market value for the item and items associated. MTS stuff is killer!!! I don't even have any modded modules yet and I feel that my RM100 gets me some really nice tones. I guess my point is just that a reseller is actually helping our rigs to retain their value in a recessed market.

I don't have a problem with it. If people think they can make a buck or 2 then more power to them.

But to Daryl's point of ebay making some killer gear only worth 1/2 of new. To me this makes sense. I remember years ago at a couple different pawn shops when I asked why they were low balling me on some gear. Both said they look at paying no more than a 1/4 of what the item sold for new, then put it out on the floor for 1/2. To this day I kind of buy by that model. I have a hard time paying more than 1/2 for an item that is used. I have but I still try to keep it close. Seriously why pay $150+ for a stock used module, when an extra $25-$50 gets you a new module & the warranty.

So until the MTS stuff becomes "vintage" it will probably sell for less than we all would like. But again this stuff is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it at that particular time.

When the economy comes back to life and when Randall stops selling modules, I'll bet the value goes up considerably. Even at the low prices that they are selling for now I can still see that there is a market for them and they sell pretty easily. I think they are great and I have been guilty of buying them on the cheap. Eventually the demand will drive the prices up, but not during the Great Recession aka: The Real Great Depression.