Randall cabs

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace

Reaction score
Hey,

anyone tried Randall Rs125cx or xl cabs ? They are the ones with 2 2x12 and 1x15 and also front ported.

Man I have not tried one of those particular cabs but I have a 4X12 XXL that runs Vintage 30's and then I had the 2X15 Warhead cab and those 15's really add some low end. I was using both of them together as a full stack with a Warhead head and it just ripped! I would imagine that the 2X12, 1X15 is a pretty nice cab as well. I regret selling the 2X15 cab I had.

Hey man,

I have the RS125CX cab. I like it a lot, the bass response is GREAT with that 15" in the bottom! Cleans are great, distorted tones are also fantastic as you would probably guess. I don't even use 7 strings or detune SUPER heavy (I have one guitar in Drop C, the rest are all standard, drop D or Drop Db tuning) but it sounds great on every guitar I use. I actually might be selling mine soon though, as it takes up a lot of space in here (my guitar room is TINY, moving in the next 1-2 years though!) and I also have a Randall MTS 2x12 cab as well. Overall it's a very nice cab and if you can find one for a good price, you are hard pressed to find a better cab out there. I'm a big fan of Randall Cabs, and even if I sell the RS I will be keeping the 2x12 indefinately! :D If you are near the Philly area you can feel free to pick up mine if I sell it! :wink:

I would buy yours...but Im not in really close to Philly area...Im from Europe :lol: . Stupid dealer here dont know if they can get me the RS125cx, Im waiting for a month now...If nothing happens today, Im getting Crate Blue voodoo 4x12 V30 cab, supposed to be a nice higher end cab.

If they are a dealer, they should be able to get em. I also use the MTS 2x12 cab and it's one of the best cabs I've ever played through. I was actually thinking of grabbing one of the cabs with the 15" speaker to go with this, but I'm waiting on a RM4 rig. If your dealer dosen't come through, my friend owns a guitar store here in NY, but he ships internationally with most of his stuff. Don't want to post it here in case it's against the rules, but drop me a PM if your interested or e-mail @ [email protected]

I think I asked this someplace else but...

Does the RS125CX have the mic eliminator?

Anyone compare the sound of the front loaded vs. rear loaded 2x12

ned said:
I think I asked this someplace else but...

Does the RS125CX have the mic eliminator?

Anyone compare the sound of the front loaded vs. rear loaded 2x12

That cabinet is in the G3 line, and I don't think any of those cabinets are equipped with the Mic Eliminator feature, but the RS125XL cabinet has that feature.

Ifraan is correct, the RS125CX does not have the mic eliminator option. It has a single 8 ohm input jack. :)

Well I really wanted that RS125cx cab, but no luck. But I went with Crate blue voodo cab and it sound awesome through my head, way better than Peavey 4x12 I sold. Imagine 4x12 on one side and rs125cx pushing the other :shock:

ace said:
Well I really wanted that RS125cx cab, but no luck. But I went with Crate blue voodo cab and it sound awesome through my head, way better than Peavey 4x12 I sold. Imagine 4x12 on one side and rs125cx pushing the other :shock:

That's kinda where I want to go with my rig (a 2x12 on each side running in stereo). Unfortunatly the guys I was jamming with aren't my style, and I'm done with em, so there's no point in expanding my rig right now. That would sound killer though :twisted: