2 amps into 1 cab

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
Is it possible to run two amps into one cab not running at the same time but plugged in and on at the same time. what i want to do is run my rm100 into the 8 ohm input of my randall warhead cab and run my rm50 into the 4 ohm input and switch in between the two heads.
-mp-

I dont want to use any extra equipment im just wondering if i plug both amps in and have them both on but am only playing through one am i gonna blow anything? i would just like to use an amp switcher only.
-mp-

Hmm... I'm gonna imagine it's a 4x12 stereo cab. If so, then plug into each of the 4 ohm inputs. BUT, if those are parallel 4ohm inputs labeled for another cab connected in series, then you'd fry your head. Try plugging into one and seeing which speakers output sound. If it's only half of the cab, then you're golden.

I have been curious of doing a similar thing with two RM50s and my 1x12 cab. So the dual jacks I have are only good for input and daisy chain?

Definitely true on a 112. The separate amps need to see individual loads. Maybe someone with more knowledge on the matter can chime in or clarify.

MP,

Can you post a pic of the back of your cab?

If it is stereo, it should say. If it is, you can use each input separately with each amp - just be sure to set the impedance on each amp accordingly.

Either way, make sure you confirm it's a stereo Randall cab before you fry to heads trying. Post pics if you can. That would help!

All the best,
Martha

If you intend to run both amps simultaneously on with no switching device you may be in for trouble. I would not atempt it since the potential costs for setting it right again may well excede the price for a switching device or another cab.

If you intend to use both amps independently though, and don't intend on buying a special device for switching then I would plug in and plug out manually - but bear in mind an amp that is on really prefers to see some kind of load

Latest posts