Got drunk; got MTS bonanza!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yourguitarhero

Reaction score
So, it's been unseasonably warm in Scotland this week, 20C instead of the usual 10C.
And I've been working like a ***** - remodelling the bathroom, making a website for an ethically dubious oil company and working on a car the singer and I bought to flip for profit (both out of work at the moment).

Today was meant to be the last warm day before the weather turned so I took the day off with the plan of mountain biking (25 miles on the trails around Edinburgh :thu:), drinking beer in the park and MAYBE buying a new amp.

Local guitar place has had a Randall RM50 combo on clearance for ages - maybe a year or two? No ****** will buy it. Kept dropping their price.
Couple of months back, I decided to buy it since they were doing it for ?450 with two modules. I have an RM20 and two modules already so planned on flipping one to recoup the cash.

Went down to buy it after checking their site the night before and it was gone :mad:. Dude said they must have sold it.

Oh well, he who hesitates masturbates so I bought an Ultra 112 combo as something more portable to gig with than my Mesa half stack. Never gelled with the clean channel.

Last weekend I was cruising round town, saw the Randall back in the shop with "make me an offer" written on it.

INTERESTING.

I decided to bide my time and wait til the last Friday of the month... today.

So, did my MTB and sat in the park and had a few beers.
Went down to try the amp out - all good, apart from the "Make me an offer" sign is gone. I ask chick and she says we can maybe work something out with manager.

She goes away to speak to him and comes back and says, well ?450 is best we can do - it's less than we paid for the amp.
I'm ready to walk here as hey, I'm out of work and ?400 was really the max I could do once I figured in flipping the Peavey.

Then she says, "hold on a minute" and comes back with a STACK of modules and says I can have them all included for the purchase price. :eek:

SWEET.

As she's ringing it up, some other guy comes over and says, "hey man, found another" and throws another module in. Fucking ridiculous.

_1070797.jpg

So yeah, a Randall RM50 combo and 7 FUCKING MODULES for ?450.
Got -
Clean
Blackface
Top Boost
JTM
Plexi
SL+
Ultra

added to the Plexi and Grail I've already got.

SADLY, the Plexi and Ultra are fucked.
Plexi: lacking gain (in comparison to my other plexi) and middle third of gain control causes ground hum, rest of gain control only has a clean sound/
Ultra: Weird gated sound, cutting out....

Tried known working pre-amp valves in both of them, but no good.
Can I still sell them on to be modded?

Wow man, that is a serious freaking score. I wish I could find a local shop to just dump modules on my lap. Congrats !!

Now that's a great pickup, & like others said - some mod companies may do them up for no extra charge. Congrats!

Great score!....i know a local musicgoround here is knee deep in MTS stuff here...gonna see if i can steal some stuff from them....by steal i mean just making their books look happy! :)

Well, been playing around with all the modules and the amp.
It's sweet - I've got my Dual Recto halfstack up for sale, decided to go MTS all the way - especially since it's so cheap now!

Plus, just scored a Randall module bag on ebay for ?10, nice.

Anyone ever tried a V30 in the RM50 combo? That's what I normally use.

Details on the module bag? Is it the offical randall bag, or something you got that is compatible? Those bags are so hard to find

Yeah, it's the Randall one.
Got it on eBay UK.

Been selling lots of stuff on there so had been on the site a lot answering folks questions. Chucked in a search on "randall" just to see how a guy who was selling modules (for more than me) was doing and saw the bag sitting at 99p with 1 bid and 3 hours to go.
Had dinner and dropped in a big, eh voila!

Funny, I've had an RM20, a Plexi and a Grail for years. Just sit in my room as my practise amp. Used it a gig at a wedding once but found it sounded a bit boxy on its own.

Tried selling the amp a couple of times on here and eBay but got ridiculously low offers so just decided to keep it.

But now I've gone full on MTS since they've got so cheap. Wasn't worth selling so figured I should buy in and sell my Mesa gear (love it but too big for me to take to gigs - I can put the RM50 and pedals on a hand cart with a guitar on my back and walk or get the bus to a gig)

So I've got two combos, 9 modules and the module bag now, plus gonna order up a cover for the combo so it doesn't get trashed. Might even send off one of my modules to get turned in to a Stonerverb.

Latest posts