Great Mr. Scary clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapo_Polenton

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1d_Rb4j6JU&feature=related

I know this guy parted with his MTS gear and now boosts a vintage modern but **** he gets killer tones out of a stock Mr. Scary here. Also helps he has monster chops.... notice his presence is wide open to get the biting tone but hey whatever works. Sounds killer to my ears. I might just have to pickup a stock scary at some point. The signature Lynch stuff really does kick ***. I've heard the Grail stockie is popular here too. Lynch has a good ear..... (except for his total overlook of high end on the judge lol!)

Yeah, I agree the Mr. Scary is one cool sounding module. I wonder if Lynch's love for the Cusack Screamer caused him to have his modules set a bit dark. Ive read he keeps the Screamer on full time. Anyone?

bingo... my thoughts exactly. Though in the early days he loved trebly biting tone but once the first lynch mob album rolled out i think he moved to the rectos/soldanos but i could be wrong. I think he has always rolled with screamers for the cut and boost though.

Kapo_Polenton said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1d_Rb4j6JU&feature=related

I know this guy parted with his MTS gear and now boosts a vintage modern but **** he gets killer tones out of a stock Mr. Scary here. Also helps he has monster chops.... notice his presence is wide open to get the biting tone but hey whatever works. Sounds killer to my ears. I might just have to pickup a stock scary at some point. The signature Lynch stuff really does kick ***. I've heard the Grail stockie is popular here too. Lynch has a good ear..... (except for his total overlook of high end on the judge lol!)

Out of curiosity, which speakers are you using for playback?

My observation is that you tend to think that overly bright sounds are "killer", which brings into question your room, speakers, etc.

No offense, just trying to help.

I think it is my ears, not the room... I listened to the clips on a friend's computer, on my computer, at work. All different rooms. Through headphones, without headphones. Some people just like guitars that cut. I am one of those people I guess.... along with Lynch :oops: Might also be because we've lost some hearing after all these years.

He has ditched the Cusack for a Home Brew Electronics OD. But by now he probably has switched that out knowing how tastes change from day to day.

Amazing.. he was all over that cusak screamer for a good 5 years and now bang, something else which is probably essentially the same comes along and he's a convert. God bless Lynch, he'll bring your company business..

But is he endorsing or actually using it. I'm sure it is killer either way.

Kapo_Polenton said:
Amazing.. he was all over that cusak screamer for a good 5 years and now bang, something else which is probably essentially the same comes along and he's a convert. God bless Lynch, he'll bring your company business..
No wonder why I finally found a used Screamer that I could afford. hahaha

Hamner1 said:
But is he endorsing or actually using it. I'm sure it is killer either way.

Endorsing products is often times the only way to keep an artist's name in the public domain.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

If you have ever been to Lynch's website and seen all his gear you'd notice he has tried everything under the sun. At the end of the day, he could sound like him with a bad monkey in front of a Marshall or Soldano. I think we obsess too much about exact gear and should just go for ballpark. The differences are slight on tape anyway. The amp is going to be the bulk of the tone anyway. That's why it is important to get a good sound to tape... to your other point MikeP :wink:

Kapo_Polenton said:
(except for his total overlook of high end on the judge lol!)

FYI, I owned 2 fresh from the factory GTO's at one time - upon comparision one definitely sounded "more lively" in the high
end than the other even after tube swaps, etc.

you might just have a "dud" GTO on your hands, Kapo

my 2 cent's

Can you post a pic of your judge? We all know a cap put in a wrong place could be a difference AND that modules go through revisions... I'd be interested to see someone else's.

The guy in the vid is also using a Strat with a Tone Zone S. (if i recall correctly).
I have a Fender with the same wood and colour, and had that pickup for a while.
Aggressive tone that really cuts through.
Cool tone but I find I prefer my ESP Horizon NT with AT1 and PAF Joe. Has more body.

My RM100 has continued to be a problem with crackling noises and feedback, after being fixed countless times, so I bit the bullet and bought a JVM today, and I love the Marshall roar!
One day maybe I'll buy a rack and get the modules going again.

Sorry to hear about the continued misfortune of your 100 Jade. You have some killer modules and they deserve to be played! I miss seeing more clips too. :cry: 8)

Thanks BigBrewtus, I loved the RM100 when it was working! I can't spend cash on a RM4, power amp and rack for a while, but I have some great modules and do want to use them again one day. Ill still be loitering around the place.

Latest posts