help please

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogie1

Reaction score
Hello all
I want to start by saying I love these amps..I own two RM50 amps..and have had the exact same problem with both.The problem is the actual board that holds the power tubes gets fried. My amp guy found a replacement for one, and modded it so the problem would not happen again. This was the head..then the combo volume started fading in and out, I smelled burning, turned off quickly...same thing..main board is burned..I cant find a replacement as Randall has none..Im debating on telling my guy (a true amp guy..I trust and have him build custom amps for me..very very respected builder/tech) to just have at the board and make it work via Frankenamp..unless you guys know of a source for the main board..my amp guy likes the randalls, he says it is a very unique idea and with a few minor mods, very cool..so any input is appreciated.
Thanks
Lee

I'm pretty sure that Rob (Jaded Faith Mods) has replacement boards, and I'm also pretty sure he can mod the new one not only to not cause the same problem again (arcing I imagine, as it is/was a relatively common issue with some of the RM's), but may even have a couple cool upgrades he could add for good measure. Give him a ring, email or even PM here, as he is a regular presence on the forum.

Latest posts