Jaded Faith Super Clean demo

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whoopysnorp

Reaction score
I got my Super Clean yesterday and decided I ought to record a few clips of the different things it can do. This is a very nice addition to my module collection, and really provides a lot of possibilities when it comes to clean tones. Plus, it looks real sharp in my VP4, with white Orange-style fluted knobs, a blue faceplate, and a green LED.

I'm not going to go into detail about the module in this post; the demo speaks for itself. Although I'm not quite sure how it wound up being almost ten minutes long. Just goes to show how easy it is to get caught up in the options in this thing.

http://www.genitalhercules.com/~mcrowe/misc_mp3/jf_super_clean_demo.mp3

Right on bro thanks for posting, checking it out right now.

P.S. Genitalhercules made me smile, thanks for that :)

Update: Just finished listening to it, great demo and great recording of the module! Good variation in what everything does on the mod, the first half showcases the real strengths of it how clean and versatile it is. Can get really distorted for sure as you mentioned and showed in last half. Great work on this demo bud and nice work on this cool module Rob!

I vote Rob gives you a break on your next mod from him for this :p

Whoopysnorp said:
Although I'm not quite sure how it wound up being almost ten minutes long. Just goes to show how easy it is to get caught up in the options in this thing.
I know how it got to be ten minutes long...you made a thorough demonstration that showcases the extent of this modules versatility. Awesome work! Now i am even more excited about getting mine. i like how it can be pushed to achieve a nice overdriven sound.

Thanks guys! And Genital Hercules, by the way, is the name of my old band. We're defunct, but I just finished mixing our final show as a live album and there's still a studio album in production. Only MTS on that is some stock JTM and XTC on one song, though.

I also think I have to revise what I said in the demo...right now, my favorite mode is spank on, no touch. At least, that's what's sounding the best through the power section of my Tweaker into a V30 in my room.

That is a top review man.You pretty much covered everything.
This is my favourite module.So versatile and all the settings sound awesome at any volume.
It also takes a pedal better than any of my other modules specially when you spank it.

I KNOW THAT VOICE!!! hahaha is this you dude?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPSDvTvz9P4

Back to the topic....

Very versatile module i find too, i would describe this clean as 'Modern' sounding.

On any guitar i have it gives them a "middle" position pickup kind of sound, which i dig.

This module has a great live cutting midrange without noticing it.

Excellent review and demo! Thank you for your work on that one.

I'll be making some audio for it soon myself, as it's really versatile and I'd like to show it off from the designers perspective. Here is a little blurb describing the mod:

Description: This mod started as a request for the ultimate clean tone. No midgain compromises and not based on any particular amp. Just a pristine clean that is inspiring and fun to play. It is loud and clean all the way up to 10 on the gain, but set correctly (all options on) it can snarl if you should want it to. It has fat, round lows. The mids are hollowed out for an uncongested clean tone. The highs are bright and voiced high, but not piercing. Spank is exactly what it sounds like, adding a Fender-esque spank to things. The Touch switch restructures a gain stage, adding touch sensitivity in spades. You can finger pick a clean D chord and let it drip into an oozing sweet spot sustain, reminiscent of The Edge's eBow work on The Joshua Tree. The Humbucker/Singlecoil switch is designed to make the tone as close as possible for each type of pickup at the flip of a switch. Using it in ways it wasn't intended creates interesting options: Humbuckers on the Singlecoil setting can give a bold push that is similar to many stock cleans and Single or Split coils into the Humbucker setting give a nearly acoustic sound.

Tbag said:
I KNOW THAT VOICE!!! hahaha is this you dude?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPSDvTvz9P4

Nope, not me. Sort of similar voice, though. I recognize the handle 'bduersch', actually. Probably from the Boogie Board.