The RoD is almost complete...Or should I say Death Star....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
21 slots...All active within three amp configs...

A simple RM22 w/ TubeStore Preferred EL84s (with Egnater Line Level Thingy) and standard reverb and noise suppression pedals...

A RM100 with 6L6STR and EL34 Winged C...Mini RoD with Pro-Q, Decimator Rack, Lexicon MX200, GCP/GCX, Line 6 X2 wireless and a couple pedals - a Polytune tuner and an OD boost from a Boss ME-50. which also gives me other effects that I don't use or need...

Then the Rack of Delight...4 RM4s linked...RT2/50 power amp with Winged C EL34s and Tad 6L6GCs....Pro Q, MX200, Decimator Rack, GCP/GCX, Peterson Strobo Rack, and a boost pedal TS808...

Yes, there a bit of duplicated gear but one is always ready in the studio and one is always ready for the stage...This is the best config I've ever had as both a musician and studio dork...Programming it sucks *** as I HATE MIDI...And am a complete MIDIOT...I don't really know what the hell the difference is between control changes and program changes...I just want my **** to work and all this finally does...I'm excited to share...Very, very soon....

Pics are coming...Some spaces look so lonely though...I just wish there were mods to fill every spot....There ALMOST are...But who would ever accept a Rack of Delight minus a Mamba SE? Or PV VIL? :D Or a SL-OD100, and some others that are yet to be named... :) The RoD has a home and it has begun beckoning all the modules home... The hum is astounding even with the power off...Small electronics seem to pop and fizz in its very presence...I'm afraid....

However, 2012, if we survive, will have a 21 module shootout the likes of which have never been seen before....For good reason.... :) And if we're all vaporized by a comet I'll die saying, "****, I just finished the Racks too."

Modest setup Figster :lol:

Mattfig said:
Programming it sucks *** as I HATE MIDI...And am a complete MIDIOT...I don't really know what the hell the difference is between control changes and program changes...

Program changes are program changes
Continous Control otoh is real time control of the various parameters within your gear
0 = on. 127 is off
for sweepable commands (volumes, wahs) you could use the entire range between 0 and 127, but also inverse the effect (going from 127 to 0)

The thing that makes it somewhat complicated is the menus used by different gear
Often, it doesn't matter which CC number you assign to an effect
sometimes when using 2 effects with the same goal you can use 1 CC number for multiple effects (added delay volume + midboost for leads)

For instance in my MPX G2 I can set my Wah effect at 50% sweep OR program the CC command ranging from 0-63
or program the Wah FROM 50% sweep TO 100% using CC value 0-63 OR 64-127
ofcourse if I calibrate the pedal to move from 0-48 (for finer control of the rocker) I'll never be able to reach those values

I've enjoyed the ease of use with Program Changes in my early days of MIDI, now with my MTS setup I'm enjoying the flexibility of Continous Controller

And since I've bough a synthesizer I'm very glad most gear works with CC and not with SysEx :wink:

I'm with you on the programming thing. I can't even spell midee.

You said, " And if we're all vaporized by a comet I'll die saying, "f*&k, I just finished the Racks too."
Will that really be true? I think not. RM4's and modded modules are your version of the Winchester House. It will never be finished. :lol:

Nightdare said:
Modest setup Figster :lol:

Mattfig said:
Programming it sucks *** as I HATE MIDI...And am a complete MIDIOT...I don't really know what the hell the difference is between control changes and program changes...

Program changes are program changes
Continous Control otoh is real time control of the various parameters within your gear
0 = on. 127 is off
for sweepable commands (volumes, wahs) you could use the entire range between 0 and 127, but also inverse the effect (going from 127 to 0)

The thing that makes it somewhat complicated is the menus used by different gear
Often, it doesn't matter which CC number you assign to an effect
sometimes when using 2 effects with the same goal you can use 1 CC number for multiple effects (added delay volume + midboost for leads)

For instance in my MPX G2 I can set my Wah effect at 50% sweep OR program the CC command ranging from 0-63
or program the Wah FROM 50% sweep TO 100% using CC value 0-63 OR 64-127
ofcourse if I calibrate the pedal to move from 0-48 (for finer control of the rocker) I'll never be able to reach those values

I've enjoyed the ease of use with Program Changes in my early days of MIDI, now with my MTS setup I'm enjoying the flexibility of Continous Controller

And since I've bough a synthesizer I'm very glad most gear works with CC and not with SysEx :wink:

Whoa...Thanks for that info...Holy *****! I kinda knew some of that but THANK GOD my only real need for MIDI is channel switching between gear pieces and not making constant changes...I just want every machine to start on the right channel and preset...

I do appreciate the info and will read it again so I can actually absorb more of it...

As for the modest setup... :lol: Yeah, I like to keep things simple...Plus, MTS is a SOLID tax write-off!

cold Machine said:
I'm with you on the programming thing. I can't even spell midee.

You said, " And if we're all vaporized by a comet I'll die saying, "f*&k, I just finished the Racks too."
Will that really be true? I think not. RM4's and modded modules are your version of the Winchester House. It will never be finished. :lol:

I'm not expecting to be vaporized but I do enjoy some good 2012 DOOM talk! :) I especially love talking with someone who expects something to happen...Any takers??? :)

And modded mods wouldn't be an issue for my "Wincester House" studio if these modders would just stop already... :lol: But you have given me a new name to consider for the studio... :)

Mattfig said:
Whoa...Thanks for that info...Holy *****! I kinda knew some of that but THANK GOD my only real need for MIDI is channel switching between gear pieces and not making constant changes...I just want every machine to start on the right channel and preset...

I do appreciate the info and will read it again so I can actually absorb more of it...

Just a small correction in my post:
0 = on. 127 is off

Should in general be 0=Off, 127 is On
to keep things logical
(as I stated, -logical- since you can often inverse FX and therefore also it's CC value)

As for the modest setup... :lol: Yeah, I like to keep things simple...Plus, MTS is a SOLID tax write-off!

Unfortunatly I've never made it to proffesional artist, but I would bleed those write-offs dry

"Excuse me Mr. Dare, we would like to know why you noted a $25000 'TrainWreck Amplifier'?"

-"It's invaluable to my work"

"O...kay,... and a '1954 Stratocaster guitar' and a '1952 Les Paul Gold Top' guitar?"

-"Destructive research, both damaged beyond repair after rigorus testing, for the next fiscal year you will see one of each added again"

"One Swedish-made penis enlarger pump"

-"...That's not mine"

"Swedish made" ... seems like you know what you're talking about here. :p

Nice figrig!

Little heads up:
When I last tried my ME50, it seriously sucked tone!!
Maybe not with you if you have a good buffer or have it in a loop .. but I'd recommend something like a Line6 M5 if you need something simple for "sometimes" effects ;)

Thanks for the tip on the ME-50 m0jo....I use it in a buffered loop and just for an OD boost and 1 song where I use the expression pedal....It's fine for that but I would not want to use the other effects on it in most cases...

Your rig is simply amazing, sir. Now with your RM100 setup and the RM22, you have all of the essential toys an MTS lover could desire. You've played or owned nearly every stock and modded module in existence. Rumor has it that you even traveled between quantum universes to try modules that don't actually exist and then flipped them before returning to your native quantum reality. Well done sir. Your dedication and contribution to this great amp line is legendary. You truly are the master. All hail Emperor, Fig....When you start blowing up planets full of wookies and eewoks to delineate your dominance, we are still cool right?
alderaan5.jpg

Daryl said:
Your rig is simply amazing, sir. Now with your RM100 setup and the RM22, you have all of the essential toys an MTS lover could desire. You've played or owned nearly every stock and modded module in existence. Rumor has it that you even traveled between quantum universes to try modules that don't actually exist and then flipped them before returning to your native quantum reality. Well done sir. Your dedication and contribution to this great amp line is legendary. You truly are the master. All hail Emperor, Fig....When you start blowing up planets full of wookies and eewoks to delineate your dominance, we are still cool right?
alderaan5.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm willing to bet that that is the first quantum-related thread in MTS history...You know it's funny...In the future the mods actually get to be fewer...By 2020 there will only be 3 modules...Clean, Mid-Gain, High Gain...There will be touch screens that are pizza grease resistant for long-time usage...It's like those online juke boxes in bars and stuff that are linked to the net and can get any song you want...There are no buttons or toggles- just a scanner that reads your microchip and immediately links to your monetary assets...You select an amp, modder and desired tubes and you're rolling...There will also be a mod museum to showcase the "vintage" mods we use now...It will be just south of Detroit and spectacular... :)

No wookies or ewoks will be harmed I assure you... :lol:

Mattfig said:
No wookies or ewoks will be harmed I assure you... :lol:
Don't get me wrong. You can kill all the Eewoks you want. These little fuckers are just asking for it.
ewok4.jpg

Latest posts