Using Syn1 as a standalone preamp

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m going to be using my syn1 as a standalone preamp with a tube power amp so I won’t be using the bypass feature. I was wondering what set of effects send and returns should I be using on the back of the syn1 for my tc electronics m3000 effects processor? The ones stacked vertically on the right side of the unit or the ones that are horizontal in the center?
Tia

The vertical ones.
The horizontal ones tie the SYN-1 into an amp's FX loop if you're using the SYN1 with the 4 cable method.

I’m going to be using my syn1 as a standalone preamp with a tube power amp so I won’t be using the bypass feature. I was wondering what set of effects send and returns should I be using on the back of the syn1 for my tc electronics m3000 effects processor? The ones stacked vertically on the right side of the unit or the ones that are horizontal in the center?
Tia
I wouldn’t use the effects loop. Just plug the out from the preamp into the TC and the TC into your power amp.

You can run the tc into the loop jacks of the SYN1 and let the SYN1 do it's job of driving the power amp. Depends also what effects you plan on using. I don't know that tc unit so not sure what you are using it for. Any modulation, delay, or reverb will sound great that way. If any drives or filter stuff will need front of SYN1. So you can do a typical 4CN cable thing as well. You can certainly run the SYN1 into the tc and that out to the power amp. It all depends on what sounds best to you. I would tend to run the SYN1 into the power amp myself in your case but is not really one specific way, several work just as well.

I’ve used it with an Fm3 as a preamp using a loop within the Fm3 for using effects and cab sims before with great results. I just bought a few different speakers (evm12L and a greenback) so I wanted to mic them up because nothing beats a miced cab through a neve 1073 or trident A range preamp afaic. I just didn’t know which ones to use on the syn1 because the manual isn’t really clear on this. I’ll be using a spring reverb patch on the TC so it makes sense to use the effects loop. Thanks for the advice 👍

Latest posts