Syn-50 Head

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ishmial

Reaction score
I just bought a brand new head and played it the other day and it was my amp to replace all amps. Last night I went to play and it will not power up at all, zero zilch, nothing. I had it plugged into a surge protector with my other amps and it was not tripped and the other amps are working fine. I tried a different power cord and still nothing. The fuse looks fine but Im thinking that's the only thing it could be. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have a Bad Cat combo that power just died on all of a sudden. Fuse was fine. Took it to a tech and it turned out to be a connector to where the fuse was housed that was bad. So, an easy fix.

It could possibly be an output tube that has failed. I had a fuse die in my SYN-5050 power amp a few years back.

No mains is most likely a fuse keeping the power from reaching the initial on of the amp elsewise there should be at lease a sign of power to the amp.

Power tube fails usually have a terrible crackling and noise when you try and turn pots, bad electrical breakup and just not working as an amp is designed. I had two brand new amps come in a couple years back with bad power tubes, very odd but that was the problem, once changed fine.