• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Traded - Jaded Faith Hammerhead

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trimix

Reaction score
Jaded Faith Hammerhead module, Bogner Fish Strato and Brown channels, excellent condition. - Traded

880f5e72-e93d-48da-ae61-82da0ab9e50e_zps4ey114h7.jpg

reprimand said:
Have you ever had a chance to compare this to the jf xtc and if so how did they stack up?

Everyday, the XTC has a broader gain range due to the Plexi, Blue and Red channels plus structure switching. The Hammerhead's Strato setting is close in gain to Blue with structure on and Brown is closer to Red with structure on.
The XTC has more of a midrange bark while the Hammerhead has a smoother, more compressed tone. I'm pretty much just using the XTC for the Blue channel with the structure off, don't play the high gain side.
The Hammerhead is similar to the higher gain side I don't use, but more of an AIC tone.

3BB7A360-294D-41F6-9E9D-419E0A7BFF1B_zpsgzk67nu5.jpg

Thanks. I am really interested in the hammerhead but kinda love the stock xtc I have. Was torn between the JF xtc and the hammerhead. Wish the jaded faith site had sound clips of the hammerhead to compare. Mmmmmmmm.... decisions decisions.