Favorite modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tung

Reaction score
If you can only carry 2 modules to a gig. One for CLEAN and one for GAIN. What would it be?
I'm really interested in everyone's response, consider that a lot of you own many modules, it'll be hard to narrow down to just two.
T.

Blackface
SL+

(both modded)

But, if I had to pick only one to do everything, it would be the Top Boost - unmodded.

Although i love the Blackface and Tweed for cleans, Plexi has an edge over those two as being able to both clean and dirty quite well if you want.

So it would be Plexi and XTC.

Either Top Boost or Plexi and XTC for the Randall. VX and SL2 for the Eggie.

Okay ...

Randall I'd have to go with Plexi and XTC.

Egnater would be EG3/4 and B'man, no wait, SL, no B'man, okay SL.

Can I have three?

Well since I only have two modules right now Id have to go my with VX and MHG. Ask me next week and that VX might be replaced with TD!

-Matt

Seems like XTC and Plexi are among the favs so far.
I'm psyched about the 1086 since Jim mentioned it in another thread, Randall claimed on their site that it's the most versatile module they put out so far?
T.

This changes from day to day, but if I had to pick *right now*, it'd be Blackface and modded SL+.

Runner up would be Plexi and XTC.

What I find interesting is that a lot of talk on here about the 1086, lots of rave about it. But yet no one so far has chosen it among their 2 fav modules.
Plexi, XTC and SL+ are favorite contenders so far. Interesting picks indeed.
T.

Yeah, interesting. I also find it interesting how much the SL+ was mentioned as it seemed awhile back on this forum there wasn't much love for that module. I will personally confess that I didn't like my SL+ in stock form, but love it after modded. I literally wouldn't want to own one in stock form. Maybe people have modified their SL+'s and that's the reason for the perceived change in overall opinion.

Chad said:
I will personally confess that I didn't like my SL+ in stock form, but love it after modded. I literally wouldn't want to own one in stock form. Maybe people have modified their SL+'s and that's the reason for the perceived change in overall opinion

Chad,
I remembered that as well, must be the mod that made the difference in the SL+. I have to say that I have the Brown, newer version unmodded, and it sounds pretty good, with nice upper mids and low punch ala George Lynch, it actually sounds more late 80's Lynch than early Van Halen. Nobody here seem to like that mod, but i think the blackstripe version is pretty good.
It seems like some mod are not always working out though, like the XTC. Some have reported loss of low end.
T.

Latest posts