SYN-1, RM20 and Fryette Power Station- A great fit

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notyet

Reaction score
I picked up a Power Station recently, planning to use it for a couple of duties: Making small amps louder, making loud amps quieter and as a poweramp for either Synergy modules or other devices.

I tried it on the RM20 tonight and its a great fit. The RM20 isn't too loud of an amp but with the Power Station you can get the right mix of preamp and poweramp tone in the RM and then whatever volume you want from the power station. It also has an effects loop that is after the load, which is handy and some voicing switches that can help you tailor the result.

Over the years, I've built a number of amps including some low wattage amps that sounded great but just weren't loud enough. This little jewel is perfect for that kind of duty. I wish I still had some of them.

I tried it on the RM50 the other day and it worked well on that one too. In that case, it was kind of the opposite- taking a pretty loud amp and bringing it under control.

The Power Station didn't really thrill me as a poweramp for my Synergy modules, presumably because it is pretty neutral. It reminds me of running a preamp with a solid state power amp. It does have me looking for some kind of tiny power amp to use with the SYN-1. The Atomic Amplifirebox might be suitable for that duty since it has some power amp sims as well as effects. The on-board reverb knob would be an added bonus. "Hmmm..."

If you've got an amp thats too loud or maybe not loud enough, this is a pretty sweet device.

Nice! I'm planning on buying one in place of my Mesa 20/20.

There's a new model coming out, so I think I'm going to wait just a bit until those release (which I think should be about any day now?) and grab the older version people start unloading.

They seem like a really great piece of gear. Power amp and reactive load all in one. And an effects loop to boot.

Brandon