Which TYPES of amps do you think are best represented? Which compromises make modules the hardest to replicate?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickerz

Reaction score
For instance, the saggy and distinct poweramp of the Recto, makes a RM100 w/ a recto module much closer to a weak SLO. The powerful and stiff power section of the SLO makes the SLO module like stiffer Recto.

Do you feel the RM100 system is really best suited for Marshall inspired circuits?

If you're talking about the power section exclusively, you can vastly vary the feel and tone by the power tubes you put in and how you adjust your bias. 6550s will be harder and colder, 6V6s and EL34s can be rounder and more compressed.

A hotter bias will give you more compression, whereas if you bias it cold it will feel stiffer. Therefore, it is my opinion that the RM100 power amp doesn't have to be cold or stiff necessarily.

I think some of the sterile feel can come from the presence and depth circuit, unless it is fog lifted. The stock controls are not very usable in tuning the power amp.

So if you want to change the feel, you can always experiment with the power tubes and the bias, and consider an upgrade to the foglifter or even foglifter plus circuit. You may like the results!

I was able to find this answer by accident. It looks like all SUPERLEAD derivatives should be spot on. Appreciate your response. That does add to it too.

e.g. 2203ZW vs standard 2203 is just the tubes and some graphics!

That would be me projecting again.... since I would only rock it with the selector switch. IMO this pretty clearly shows why the fender\mesa stuff struggles. Been reading about the Onetics guy as well who offers essentially 5 transformer types. So I think for this platform to have been done "perfect" they'd have needed 5 different hosts, not to mention the different power ratings.

Laney stuff should work out great too, just Marshall modules with fender input ;p