RM100 Mains Fuse / Mains Input Connector/Transformer Wiring

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdunford

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been an RM100 owner for 10+ years - never really had any problems except for blown tube fuses, which went away after putting 400mA fuses instead of the original 250s.

That is until tonight. Amp powered itself off. Looked in the manual and discovered there was a main power fuse, but I mis-interpreted how to access it, and removed the mains connector from the amp instead of just pulling out the fuse holder.

Anyway, couple questions to help get myself out of my little mess here:

1. I did finally get the fuse out and it is blown; the manual doesn't indicate what this fuse is. I believe I read off of it 6G2A250V, but I'm not finding any replacements in my quick search - does anyone have a link to a suitable replacement?

2. My bigger problem is obviously re-installing the mains jack. The problem is 2 fold:
- the leads running back to the transformer are very short; it seems I probably need to open up the amp in order to get it back together, or is there any other way to accomplish that that I'm missing?
- I'm unable to find any sort of wire color coding diagram that indicates how it should be wired back up to the mains connector - does anyone have a diagram or a picture of one that is connected?

Your help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Craig

Ended up opening the amp up... Here's some pictures of my situation:

AM-JKLXvHlGqzuW59RrG72Yeio61kAn8hbbAEshtshoJ_XZgmmSwtbHAdiMwz_JHxxxutMB3gDo32DAlN-FQ8MLWL7co1V_NoTcZjjLZyoVnsCB-PZEFFQNPZFt_79N9lT8-pO8DBhBFoeNB5wyxs8Gwpjd2VA=w970-h1293-no

AM-JKLVDkOaq1yCu4b56AdN5mIrnt9jdMKPRviRhDrz5gofzrqN338d-q-xThj5Piohw0BSl3ICAyqOaSNGMMzqLaWDNmfI4jr-o1rsytE20GgC7NetWokifB-i4SARuy6NanToSodpvx5bfyZxOXEVFzNJawQ=w970-h1293-no

AM-JKLVV7DBvCQE2M0kdaOhpN_Esh4VzmFKCJpb-bqGJkchBmAn_biVJSuukDNHJ-Two3wa_rULk_0uHUCbmM4f8lnh9OLYGBguXWytWe8a3zWRD3hyQfq6xEFuFl5XognM3cWoUA45QP2FtUESfTk8uXHgHaA=w970-h1293-no

Basically have 7 leads of the following colors:

- Red
- Brown
- Blue
- White
- 3x Black

If you have FB you're best option would be posting it there
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Egnater.MTS/

Bruce Egnater is a very active member and if for any reason it takes him time to reply, there are a few guys who are very knowledgeable, friendly and have schematics of most (if not all) MTS gear.