Synergy Herbert module in RM100 compatibility ?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plexz

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a stock and modified Randall RM100 (to work with Synergy modules) and a handful of different Synergy and old Randall Modules.

So far the Herbert module is the only module I have come across that does not work in either of the amps.

Not even in single channel mode.

Is that normal for this particular module?

Thanks,
-P

Yes, and it just is what it is. Synergy knows about it and they don’t seem to be too worried about fixing it.

What is even more odd about the Herbert is that it has a single/dual switch, but it won’t work in any Randall, even with a dual channel mod.

Works fine in a synergy host.

Thanks for verifying. Synergy replied with the same info within 24 hrs but the reply went into my spam folder. It's not a big deal since there are some great tones available in other modules.

I will eventually pickup a syn-2 rack to run with my old MB 50/50 poweramp.

I try to get the Herbert-Module to work in a Randall-RM-amp.

Here are the things I found out so far:

First, the recessed pin is NOT the problem, this is easy to confirm by measuring the anode voltage inside the module.
By the way, the contacts used by Randall inside the RM-line and by Synergy in their amps are the same type of contacts.
There is no reason why they should make contact in a Synergy-amp but not in an RM-amp.

Second, I looked at all my other modules, and I was able to spot a difference between all of them and the Herbert-module.
There are two contacts that are not used by any of my other modules (Deliverance, AC, DS, SLO, etc.)
and are definitely used by the Herbert-module only.

Sadly, I don't have a Synergy-host myself, so I am not able to measure what's going on at those pins.
Does anyone have a info about the pinout used by Synergy ?
Or is anybody able to measure the voltages present at those pins ?

Here are both contacts compared to each other ...

Attachments

• Herbert-Problem.jpg
    Herbert-Problem.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 0
There is clearly something going on in a Synergy-host that's not present in an RM-amp !