The Judge GTO video

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamner1

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goD6zakYCpU

Taking Mike P's advice, this vid should be void of digital distortion or at least significantly reduced compared to the Brahma & SL-OD100.

FYI - here are the settings I used on Audacity and the Omega for this video:
Omega: Mic 1 set at 10:30
Audacity: recording - Gain 0db, Mic input .4, Speaker output .8
Export to WAV Mic and Speaker set the same, Gain changed to +21db

Definately need to splurge a little for Cubase or something else.

Well done man! That really captures the feel of the Judge I think.
Maybe it can pull off more JCM800 type tones. I used to think it only did the more vintage type tones.
I definitely find it too dark with mode switch to the right. When I first bought mine I thought it was too bright on the left side, but I think I've run it in since then, coz now I wouldn't run it any other way than to the left.

RADE01 said:
Well done man! That really captures the feel of the Judge I think.
Maybe it can pull off more JCM800 type tones. I used to think it only did the more vintage type tones.
I definitely find it too dark with mode switch to the right. When I first bought mine I thought it was too bright on the left side, but I think I've run it in since then, coz now I wouldn't run it any other way than to the left.

Thank you for the compliment.

It could get in the ballpark I think, especially with a modest boost/OD pedal. Probably a Tubescreamer type pedal so you get some eq filtering. I think mode 2 is just to fuzzy for 800 tones, and mode 1 is too bright. Modding mode 2 a little could yield some 800 tones. That brings to mind a crazy idea in my head now. Leave mode 1 unaltered, mod mode 2 to replicate an 800, then have a push pull on the gain for a gain boost. Spending money I don't have. :lol:

I ran into the same deal with mine. New, mode 1 was crazy bright/shrill. Other than using the neck pickup there was no taming it. Mode 2 was crazy creamy goodness. After I broke it in then mode 2 became a fuzzy mess and mode 1 became pretty cool. It's still a little bright for my tastes but not shrill even using the bridge pickup.

Gahhhhhhhh sloppy timing on a Megadeth riff xD

Recording is much better! Try Reaper as a free step-up from Audacity. Recording quality is much nicer from what I've heard.

Digging the tones though!

Shinozoku said:
Gahhhhhhhh sloppy timing on a Megadeth riff xD

Recording is much better! Try Reaper as a free step-up from Audacity. Recording quality is much nicer from what I've heard.

Digging the tones though!

Thank you for the compliments on tone and the Reaper suggestion.

Yeah my timing is terrible. :lol: I should really play with a metronome or the song in the background.

I posted the other day about using the JF SLO in the lower gain mode and hitting it with a clean boost. I am really digging the tone. This tone reminds of something that could really sound great with a boost when needed.

I didn't dig the Judge I had for a short time but after watching this and thinking of my thoughts with the above statement, the Judge could be used in the same way. Nice post.

Thank you for the kind words & you are correct. The Judge at about 1-2 o' clock and a boost yields some cool tones. Mode 1 anyway. Currently she is in the very capable hands of Rob at JF to work some magic on Mode 2.

I don't really know. :lol:
It is in the R&D phase at the moment. I'm shooting for a Heavy saturated Marshall 800 tone that still has some clarity. If you can imagine taking a JCM800 & slamming the front with a 10 band eq (level boosted & a certain EQ curve), that is kind of what I am after. All of that with Mode 1 staying relatively unmolested. :shock: