Lynch Box Bass Amp?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scary groove

Reaction score
I have a 50W Lynch Box that I do not need. The prices on MTS amps have been kinda crap lately. I was thinking about getting Rob's SVP module and changing the Lynch Box speaker to a bass speaker. Essentially turning my LB combo into a bass combo. I know noting about cabinets for guitar vs bass. What do you think? Would it sound decent?

For what it's worth, I plugged my bass players bass into my RM100, through my vybe deluxe, and it killed! Massive bass, great tone, much better than his bass rig - he was floored, lol. This was through my Zinky 4x12. I'm sure if you ran it thru a decent bass cab, it's sound great. But, I'd personally think that 50W may be a little underpowered to push the kind of air needed for bass, but hell, who knows? Give it a shot. If you've got a good tight 2x12 (my 4x12 is basically two smallish, tight, 2x12's stacked in one cab) I'd try thru that with a cleanish mod, just to get a feel for how it might sound.

50 watts ain't going to do it. I've got a 250 watt rig and I think it lacks headroom. That said it is a SS amp.

I would think it has less to do about watts and more the circuit itself.. case in point, I had a traynor YBA-1. Beofre I modded it, it clearly was a bass amp. Tons of clear pure tone. Pair that with a 15 inch speaker and that was what it was intended to do. After I modded it for breakup sooner and less bass, it was very plexi like. Kind of regret selling it sometimes but i needed the cash to finish my stairs (which i subsequently butchered and I feel they look like ****)