Michael Schenker Group - this saturday Hollywood!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewrath

Reaction score
Anyone going? you bet I am! House of Blues Hollywood...

He has been uneven in the past but last couple times I saw him (NAMM 2010? and Barden reunion) he played better than ever (and that's saying a lot)

Hopefully he won't have too bad a singer this time around but even with Barden maiming things he rose above.

Oh - you're in for a treat - you've got Robin McAuley singing with him on the US dates

Lineup will be Michael plus
Robin McAuley - Vocals,
Elliott ?Dean? Rubinson - Bass,
Wayne Findlay - Keyboards & Guitar
Pete Holmes - Drums.

I'm looking forward to hearing Doogie White sing with him in UK and Europe , but I'd love to see a show with Robin too!

Oh that's good news! I was never a McAuley fan, especially, but he was great at the NAMM show and I now have a ton of respect for him, a real professional, especially contrasted with some of Herr Schenker's other choices over the years.

Best MSG show in a LONG while, maybe ever - Robin McAuley was a welcome addition to the touring band, definitely the best vocalist MSG has had outside of Graham Bonnet 's appearance on the "Assault Attack" album. The sound was great, guest drummers Vinnie Appice and James Kottak (Scorpions) plus almost 2 hours of MSG, Scorpions and UFO with Michael in fine form. The played 3 (!) encores! Lots of love for and from a good LA crowd. Once, back in the 90's, same venue, they didn't even bother with an encore after a lackluster set to an indifferent audience....

The solo on "Rock Bottom" was the best I have heard and since he's been playing that song for almost 40 years he could have easily phoned it in.

The freshness, energy and unparalleled level of Schenker?s legendary guitar playing was in full force.

I got a pretty decent "unauthorized" recording with my Tascam DR-05 to boot!