March 19 1982

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
Just to remind all you budding shredders, old school metal guys , blues guys and all musicians and music fans on this day in 1982 we lost the single brightest shining star ever to grace this earth Randy Rhoads... Dont ever forget this one!
-mp-

I was only 3 when he died but the first time i heard Mr Crowley I was in awe of how effortless and smooth his playing was over some very fastest runs and tapping flurries... It was Randy who got me started on my legato style of playing, Like Randy did I use alot of hammer-ons and pull offs and his 2 string triplet arpeggio's man hes been a huge influence on my guitar life...
Oh yeah if your ever in a music store that has box sets I would highly recommend the re-release of diary of a madman and the blizzard of ozz, comes with a a bunch of cool stuff but the real treasure is on the 2 concert dvd. 1 recorded on the blizzard of ozz tour and 2 another full concert from the diary of a madman tour... those two dvd's alone are worth 60$ to me.
btw there are some close ups of randy playing things such as the solo to "Over the moutian" and the explosive ending of revalation mother earth.
-mp-

Thanks for the heads up. I am definately going to have to check out the re-releases. In my old age I prefer watching concerts on DVD instead of going out & not getting home until midnight or so. And as is obvious, not going to be able to see him play live anyway.

I wish my mother had dragged my 3 year old
*** to one of those shows...I really diddnt get
into old ozzy until i was 12 and that same
year i got my first electric guitar ..
A Jackson RR1 of course :)
love all of ozzy's other guitarists
but none of them could even dream
of coming anywhere near
randay rhoads
-mp-

A fantastic musician, and by all counts a truly good person. We all owe Delores Rhoads a thank you.

Without Randy Ozzy would be dead by now his career was made by randy rhoads those first two albums are like metallicas Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets ... Every song was great and the best ones were genre defining i mean jesus the two lead passages on mr. crowley were some of the toughest legato madness ive ver been able to learn and the solo on over the mountian is monumental but I think its songs like Revalation mother earth and epics like Diary of madman and then the more radio friendly stuff like crazy train and I dont know but I think he made me the player that i am today I dont know all the hows and whys behind the notes he playedbut i was able to pick up his legato style and I really have practiced it and im no randy or anything special but i can fly through passages with hammer ons and pull offs like a madman now... Thank you Randy!
-mp-