Knob position recall

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esppse

Reaction score
Is there anyway to have midi control over the EQ on these modules?

It would be amazing to have this, as well as parallel preamp capabilities from the same rack.

Perhaps an external rack unit that displays the preset name etc... I'm guessing this is more complicated than it sounds.

MIDI will not control the settings of the pots on the modules or the head of any of the MTS amps that have MIDI (Egnater, Randall, Synergy). It would require radically different design of the entire amplifier.

There's only a tiny handful of analog guitar amps (not modelers) that are completely MIDI controllable. I chased this around a couple of years ago & gave up, you can get just about all the way there by using MIDI controllable EQ & overdrive pedals. Link below if you want to see some input from lot of smart people about what is/isn't capable. Short answer: nothing in production, only Zinky Superfly & Stone Deaf SD50 - they were niche products with only about a hundred each ever produced.

Hughes & Kettner has several that use hybrid solid state preamps w/a single tube (Switchblade most common, see them floating around used sometimes- also out of production).

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/all-tube-amp-with-full-midi-control-of-all-parameters-like-strymon-sunset.2076603/

You can get some similar control of tone via a MIDI capable EQ, or multiFX unit with EQ settings. Source Audio EQ2 is one of the best, and is incredibly customizable, it's stereo and can be configured in mono rigs to run one channel in front of pre-amp & other one in the FX loop.

For overdrive- Elektron AnalogDrive is the only 100% MIDI controllable analog that I'm aware of, out of production.

If I win the powerball, I'll buy Synergy & Stone Deaf, hire Bruce Zinky out of retirement & have him work with Bruce Egnater to build a modular Zinky SuperDuperFly Mod100 that combines all the technologies.