Jaded Faith 1959RR Mk II?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricey

Reaction score
i just scored a 1959RR MkII on eBay. I can't find any info on this mod. It has switches for JTM/JCM, Diode clipping. Vintage/Modern, and Haze and also features a cool recessed blue LED channel indicator light. How is the MKII differerent than the original 59RR?

What exactly does the JTM/JCM switch do? I assumed it was simply a tone stack voicing toggle switch, but there also appears to be quite a gain boost on the JCM side. Is an additional gain stage engaged in JCM mode?

Is the Vintage/Modern switch similar to the voicing switch on the Donnegan module? It sounds like it increases dynamic range/adds highs and lows.

Mine has a gun metal blue faceplate with silver capped Marshall style knob that are quite striking together in an understated way. I have never before seen an RR model in this color scheme-they usually appear to be white or silver.

The low to mid gain Marshall crunch tones are outstanding! I can get great classic rock through 80's metal sounds out of this module. For higher gain Marshall style tones, I have to switch over to the XTC Rob built for me a couple years ago. That module is simply amazing! It will do clean Plexi and Brown sounds as well. You could literally use an XTC in the clean, crunch, and distortion slots of an RM100 and have three excellent, but totally different sounds.

I am also looking to have Rob build me a JPlex, which should about do it for me as far as Marshall mods go. However, I also see VybeDeluxe, Twintone, A30, 6550, MKC+, and Super Clean in my future!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a pic:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/w3UGYL98rFfwXQDA7

From Rob (Jaded Faith) in the 59RR post here:

"The original 59RR featured the JMP/JCM switch, a simple Diode Clip circuit (adds about 5% more gain, but changes the shape/feel of the gain), the Vintage/Modern tone stack switch and the original Haze circuit. This is still made as a 5RR Standard upon request.

The 59RR Custom was made as a special request and replaced the Diode Clip with a 2/3-Stage switch that allowed an additional gain stage to be added. This was way cool and became a standard product, replacing the original 59RR.

All of this was thrown together into one with premium hand-selected components and offered as the limited 59RR Platinum."

I have the Platinum. It has a different faceplate than yours but the controls look similar. Some of the components may differ but I think it's otherwise the same.

From Rob (Jaded Faith) in the 59RR post here:

"The original 59RR featured the JMP/JCM switch, a simple Diode Clip circuit (adds about 5% more gain, but changes the shape/feel of the gain), the Vintage/Modern tone stack switch and the original Haze circuit. This is still made as a 5RR Standard upon request.

The 59RR Custom was made as a special request and replaced the Diode Clip with a 2/3-Stage switch that allowed an additional gain stage to be added. This was way cool and became a standard product, replacing the original 59RR.

All of this was thrown together into one with premium hand-selected components and offered as the limited 59RR Platinum."

I have the Platinum. It has a different faceplate than yours but the controls look similar, except mine has a control for an extra gain stage. Some of the components may differ but I think it's otherwise the same.

My '59RR Mk II has the JMP/JCM , Diode, and Haze switches, but does not have the 2/3 Gain Stage Switch. However, there is a noticeable jump in gain between the JTM and JCM modes.

Does your Platinum have this gain jump when you switch from JTM to JCM? I wonder if there is an extra gain stage built into the JCM mode on the MKII?

I really like it, but do wish I could add an extra gain stage to the JTM mode. I wonder if Rob could add the 2/3 Gain Stage switch? The Diode and Haze switches are cool features, but I would be willing to give up either one of them for an extra gain stage.

Yes, the JCM mode definitely has more gain.

Rob could probably add the extra gain stage and switch. Just email him.

I agree that I don't use the diode clipping or the haze switch.

I do prefer the JMP mode. Sounds more natural and less filtered, if you will, though not as ballsy.

I DO LOVE both modes; however, like you, I slightly prefer the more open sound of the JTM mode for 60's and 70's heavy rock sounds. Problem is, I would like to be able to get that JMP sound with more gain; hence, my question as to whether or not the 2/3 gain switch could be added to my '59 RR MKII. JCM mode is perfect as is for 80's Hair and Pop Metal, but 2/3 gain switch would enable more modern extreme metal sounds.

I have a RR Platinum edition. Don't know where it stands compared to the MkII.

I'm actually leaving the MTS world but will likely keep a very limited number of modules and the RR is among those. It's THAT good, on my with the Friedman modded Brahma for nailing authentic sounding Marshall tones.