JF MKC+

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomidijace

Reaction score
I managed to get my hands on one of these and just wanted to sing its praises! It's the real deal. There are no clean sounds to be had. This thing is saturated as soon as you get the gain to 2! That Deep mode is useless to me. It just turns everything into low end mud. 6L6s are prefect for it. Preamp tubes really impact the tone on this one. It's certainly bright, but no more than it should be. It has tons O gain. It is the tone that it claims to be. It doesn't do any of the modern tones like the Mark X. It also has plenty of low end. That the thing I could never get out of the Mark X. Other than that, the X is wonderful too. I like this MKC+ much better than the Salvation Markus which I have always preferred for vintage Mesa tones. To me it just has a more authentic Mesa flavor and A LOT more saturation. 8)

I received mine yesterday but didn't get to mess with it until today and couldn't agree more. My Grail and KH2 don't hold a candle to this thing and I loved the Grail until I plugged in the MKC+. It's not even a contest. I found the same results with the deep switch but there's no real reason to use it, great rhythm crunch and, singing sustaining single notes. If anyone is on the fence about getting one just do it.

Glad to hear you gents are enjoying them. I really do like the Series 2 mods far more than anything we released prior.

To explain the Deep, it essentially adds a midrange notch late in the signal flow. An MTS module can't accommodate all of the circuitry a Mesa 5-band EQ requires, so this is another flavor to explore. The dropping of the frequencies will lower the gain on tap and change the tone. You will need to rework your EQ as well.

audiomidijace said:
I managed to get my hands on one of these and just wanted to sing its praises! It's the real deal. There are no clean sounds to be had. This thing is saturated as soon as you get the gain to 2! That Deep mode is useless to me. It just turns everything into low end mud. 6L6s are prefect for it. Preamp tubes really impact the tone on this one. It's certainly bright, but no more than it should be. It has tons O gain. It is the tone that it claims to be. It doesn't do any of the modern tones like the Mark X. It also has plenty of low end. That the thing I could never get out of the Mark X. Other than that, the X is wonderful too. I like this MKC+ much better than the Salvation Markus which I have always preferred for vintage Mesa tones. To me it just has a more authentic Mesa flavor and A LOT more saturation. 8)

How does the MKC+ compare to the KH2? I have one on the way, and I always loved them, and was talking to Rob about getting it changed to a KH23.
But the KH2 to me is all 80's Metallica, and those Mark II / IV tones. So maybe I'd be better going that route. I'm just curious how much of a tonal difference there is.

Mattfig said:
When you guys turn off the deep option do you get a gain boost? :) Just got mine today...

I haven't tried this module but that's how Rob explained it above:

"The dropping of the frequencies will lower the gain on tap and change the tone"

So it seems that turning off the deep option will give you more gain