Dead rt 2/50

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarmanscott65

Reaction score
I will probably have to send it to Rob, but I feel I should try this one thing first, if anyone is willing to help. I have no juice coming out of the PT. I noticed a sticker on the tranny that says it has a resettable fuse. I'm assuming wrapped in the PT as I don't see it externally. Does anyone know the value and where to get a replacement? I'd rather have one on hand before I start tearing into the trans. I realize this is not the best place for this topic, but I have tried in another place and got no response. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here but all you guys have always been a great help to me. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Down and out in Posmtown.

It's a thermal fuse that self-resets. You don't manually do it. If you are not seeing anything on the secondary taps it's likely time for replacement.

guitarmanscott65 said:
Thanks man. Can I purchase a new fuse from JF?
I'm not sure which fuse you are talking about? The ones in the amp are commonly available. If you meant the thermal fuse in the PT, it's not replaceable. You have to replace the entire PT. If it's no longer resetting, the PT burned out. That also said, it's probably a good idea to get the unit repaired because something probably failed and took out the PT. They nearly never fail on their own accord.

guitarmanscott65 said:
would a power trans out of a rm100 work ?

No. The transformers in the RT 2/50 were made by Heyboer and closer to the RM50, but not the same. I'd actually have to do some legwork on that if the repair was here, as I've never looked into a replacement for those.