Questions for Rob

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned

Reaction score
Thought I would post these versus emailing Rob in case anyone else has similar questions.

I have an RM4 and a Mod50 of which neither have been modified. Mostly be used at home as my gigging days or mostly behind me.

1) How far should I mod the Egnater? Fog lifter+ and the 3-way or do every mod available?

2) should I do the dual channel mod and 3-way on the RM4 and only use that for Synergy modules? Is modding the RM4 as good as a Syn2 when finished?

3) Wanting to go WDW with the rig - what power amp works best for the wet side and are the Rebel 112X cabs good for the wet site?

Sorry for the delay Ned, I have a 6-week-old daughter at home and I'm not high-functioning again until October...just saw this now. To answer your questions:

1) How far should I mod the Egnater? Fog lifter+ and the 3-way or do every mod available?

The Foglifter+ is the biggest bang for the buck I offer. The loop is only relevant if you use pedals in the loop. The 3-way switch will offer all the Synergy amps offer but it's a manual process, which I prefer over the auto-sensing. The transformers are great in the MOD50. The Mercury's would really only be different, but not better. More high fidelity.

2) should I do the dual channel mod and 3-way on the RM4 and only use that for Synergy modules? Is modding the RM4 as good as a Syn2 when finished?

This is a solid plan, particularly if you already have the RM4. It also provides two more slots.

3) Wanting to go WDW with the rig - what power amp works best for the wet side and are the Rebel 112X cabs good for the wet site?

You often can get away with a decent solid state power amp on the wet side of a WDW rig. No need to spend tube bucks there. I love the Rebel 1x12 cabs. I use them with EV's as my bench test cabs in the shop.