Difference Between the Pitbull and Deliverance?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have both and they both sound similar when compared to other high gain modules.

Side by side with just them, they sound pretty different and I’m not one for describing what I hear.

The deliverance sounds rounder, fatter if that makes any sense.

I own 11 synergy modules and have owned bunches and bunches of others. The two Fryette’s are the most flexible of any, ever, too much almost. They aren’t like the slo which is just simple and sounds great. The fryettes take some work and cover a lot of gain.

They do cleaner and mid-gain very well too. If there was only space for one, I would say deliverance because it can do an awesome clean also. If you needed to start at around a hiwatt gain level, the pitbull would be the choice. The pitbull has more gain, but they cover similar mid ground.

I had the Deliverance and it was a nice module but too boomy on the bottom end. It had nice crunch sounds and was good for that JMC800 crunch, but I sold it because my other modules could also do similar sounds as well as much higher gain that the Deliverance couldn't do.

So for Crunch and 80's hard rock, hair metal its great for Rhythms and needs a boost for leads. And if you think about it, that era is when this amp was designed.