Egnator M-4 Effects Loop?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gman1951

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy an Egnator M-4 and really like the idea of having access to 4 modules via a midi foot controller. However, does the Egnator M-4 have an effects loop or is the only way to insert effects is through the front panel?

I believe the first revision had effects loops but it didn't support dual modules, the later revision supports dual modules but doesn't have an effects loop.

*edit: The effects loop is mentioned here:
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=20910&sid=6f7b16c64c68755b965c6df35665ff5f

gman1951 said:
or is the only way to insert effects is through the front panel?

:D Well, you can place effects that should go in front of the pre amp in the front or back input. Effects that should go after the preamp can go from the outputs between the M4 and your power amp.

Thanks everyone. I also emailed Jaded Faith and they confirmed just placing the effects between the preamp and power amp.

I have a dual version one, perhaps this doesn't apply to me. True bypass instead of running through a digital processor sounds nice.