Bogner Ecstasy Pre-eq

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crankraven

Reaction score
Quick question about the pre-eq switches on the Bogner Ecstasy module. Is it normal for the switches on each channel to effect both channels? The opposite channel's switch seems to cut the highs on the current channel. Example: on blue channel, the switches for the blue channel makes the tone brighter in both B1 and B2 settings (as expected), but the switches for the red channel cut the frequencies on the blue channel similarly. The same happens when channels are swapped. Red channel switches make red channel brighter, but blue channel switches cut it back. Just picked up this module and really enjoying the way it sounds, but this doesn't seem to be operating as expected.

Unfortunately, this is the normal behaviour of these switches on this module.
Synergy has stated over at the FB Synergy page, that this cross-talking between channels is normal even on some high gain heads if I'm not mistaken.
They also said that this issue is not quite apparent if you have the gain knobs around noon and since most players would be using this mod for mid to high gain applications, they felt it was an acceptable comprise.

Thanks for the quick response. I did notice as I turn the gain up the oddity becomes less apparent. I just wanted to make sure I didn't pick up a defective unit that may be troublesome down the road. Really liking the way this thing sounds!

Crankraven said:
Quick question about the pre-eq switches on the Bogner Ecstasy module. Is it normal for the switches on each channel to effect both channels? The opposite channel's switch seems to cut the highs on the current channel. Example: on blue channel, the switches for the blue channel makes the tone brighter in both B1 and B2 settings (as expected), but the switches for the red channel cut the frequencies on the blue channel similarly. The same happens when channels are swapped. Red channel switches make red channel brighter, but blue channel switches cut it back. Just picked up this module and really enjoying the way it sounds, but this doesn't seem to be operating as expected.

Wow. I've had this module for a couple months and hadn't even noticed. I have struggled to dial it in to maximize not only how the two channels sound, but how they supplement my other modules. I wonder if this little quirk affected my dialing in without me knowing. I kept peeking at my notes to remember what switch is which.

FWIW, I have a Plexi module that I use for low gain, edge of breakup type Marshall tones. Basically, it's my best shot at those Jimmy Page 1973 Madison Square Garden tones. I have an SLO for the over the top high gain '80s and '90s stuff. I've been trying to dial in the Ecstasy to fill in the gap between the two. But I struggle.

Even the V/M/C switch is a bit confusing. The manual says it is supposed to represent three decades of British tones: '60s, '70s and '80s. I assume that Vintage is the oldest sounding name, so it must be '60s. I guess that means JTM. Modern is the newest, so that has to be the '80s that the manual mentions. That means JCM 800. That leaves classic for the middle, '70s JMP decade. I'm having a hell of a time deciding how each channel shines best.