Weired sound with SYN-2 and HBE module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krivov-es1

Reaction score
Hey anyone!
Just got my SYN-2 pre and HBE module and noticed strange sound while playing (attachment). I am total noob in the tube world. Could it be because of bad tubes, which I have to change or something?
The chain is like that:
Guitar -> Syn2 + HBE-> Torpedo C.A.B. M -> UAD Arrow -> Monitors/Headphones.
I didn't noticed any cliping in the chain and cables are completely alright.
Thank you!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10NO3tnUZQcu47htw-y4c6mxzzCtb6mpj/view?usp=sharing

I Listened to your (short) clip a few times - assume the weird buzz at the end is what you are referring to, not immediately obvious to me what it could be. Do you have another module to test to try to narrow down the components? Alternately can you connect the syn-2 to a power amp or head with series effects loop & a cabinet to see if it still occurs? I'd do that before trying to change tubes in the module, because there's a bunch of other potential causes.

EDIT - just looked up manual for the CAB M- it has a headphone output, you can try connecting directly to that, takes the audio interface & PC out of the equation to see if it still happens.

I notice a sound like this as the signal decays from palm mutes. I seemed to fix it by not pushing a modules main output level past 50%. Noticed with a SYN1 going through two different power amps. Both the SYN 5050, and an older ART solid state power amp. Never noticed it when using the 4 cable connection method to add channel to a standard head, but I never took note of the modules output level when running it in that specific configuration.