Hi!! Need some Advice.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GZakis

Reaction score
I recently acquired a Syn30 Head and the soldano and van preamps. I've been running it though my rack system into a mesa 2:90 power amp. Sounds really nice. I've been exploring a Syn 2 to clean up my rig but I'm wondering if there would be a big difference in tone. Would love to hear what you guys think?
Thanks
Greg :D

So you'd be still using the same modules, but amplifying via the Mesa power amp as opposed to the SYN-30? I suspect no major difference. You are going from one quality tube power amp to another. From what I've read from a few different people over at the big TGP Synergy thread, that Mesa is great for this purpose.

I don't think there is much difference in the same power amp types using the same tubes for sure difference when you go from EL34's to 6L6. Certainly transformers can make a difference which would be about quality build and design. I am quite taken w with the 50/50 power amp, was a a good choice for me and the stereo option is ideal for how I like to run my rig.

Thanks for the replies. I ended up getting the Syn2. Sounds amazing but the main volume knob/pot is acting funny,. May need replacing.