New SYN1 Day! 3 Modules - DS VH4 and 800

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonedover

Reaction score
wow. so, apparently im gonna be spending a lot of money on a collection of synergy modules lol

took advantage of the 15% off that is at most retailers this week for memorial day, got an SYN1, Dirty Shirley, VH4 and the 800.

im running it 4 CM through a Friedman Runt 20, pedals out front and in an effect loop.

the 800 hasn't arrived, its coming from another retailer,,.

spent about 4 hours total with it and im really happy, the sound quality has not been overstated,

i like the VH4 quite a bit. immediately did some Tool riffs, as im sure 90% of people do lol

the dirty shirley didnt get as gainy as i had hoped. its low and medium gain voices are GREAT, but, frankly, its redundant with some of the better tones in the runt, its a really fat tone though. and i like it enough that if i decide to go big on Synergy i would rebuy it as a jtm-clean module

high hopes for the incoming 800! so cool Dave worked on that. im a huge friedman fan!

Nice set of modules - I've got the 800 and VH4 and like both of them a lot :)

I was particularly impressed with the 800, it reacts like the real thing hitting the front end with a boost!

You should grab an SLO module before the sale ends... You won't regret it! I grabbed an 800 and T/DXL (back ordered). Can't wait to get them!

I've become such a huge Synergy obsessive. Why didn't go this route ages ago?? This is the best thing to have happened to guitar since I started playing eons ago. Love this stuff, and yeah I love you can slowly build your rig piece by piece. I am up to 4 modules now and the SYN50/50 power amp which I just love! I had invested in two really nice Mesa 2x12 cabs with Black Shadows and god they sound great. Those replaced my Eminence loaded 4/12.
Like the usual notions of the std Synergy rig I had planned to get another dual dock and run all four modules in a Vai link chain but lately I have been using two modules in tandem stereo config into the power amp and just love the thick massive wall of sound two of these puppies generate.