Boutique Amps Distribution’s LA warehouse hit by fire

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P

Reaction score
https://www.guitarworld.com/news/boutique-amps-distribution-fire

Boutique Amps Distribution’s LA warehouse hit by fire
By Matt Owen about 2 hours ago

The manufacturing and storage facility stocked Friedman, Wampler, Soldano, Egnator, Morgan and Tone King gear

An LA-based warehouse belonging to Boutique Amps Distribution has been majorly damaged following a devastating fire. The fire, which erupted in the early hours of Tuesday morning (June 1) at Huntington Park, was tended to by the LA County Fire Department, which reported that a “defensive fire attack” had been instigated to combat “heavy smoke and fire”.

A series of pictures posted to social media showed the extent of the damage, revealing that the structure had been irreparably damaged by the blaze. Following the fire, the LA County Department reported there was one minor injury to a firefighter, who has been transported to a local hospital for treatment.

Boutique Amps Distribution is the exclusive worldwide distributor for a number of celebrated amp and effects products, including those from brands such as Wampler, Soldano, Egnator, Diezel, Matthews Effects, Tone King, Bogner and Morgan.

The LA warehouse was used as a manufacturing and storage facility, with an official word on the extent of stock losses yet to be reported. Responding to the incident on Instagram, Joe Morgan of Morgan Amps confirmed no-one else was injured, and commented, “I am not sure how much damage was done to the manufacturing side of the shop but hopefully we will have a better understanding of the damage today.”

Boutique Amps Distribution is yet to make an official statement regarding the fire.

That's awful :( hope everyone was ok. I hope the fire was kind enough to spare all the SLO-100/30 too

Bad time for me to have a T/DLX on backorder I suppose.

Fortunately, no one was in the building at the time of the fire, so there are no injuries to report. The area where the office staff, photo studio and technicians worked has been completely destroyed. And while they don't know the extent of the damage, it's safe to say that everything was lost in the fire in that part of the building, which accounted for probably 75% of the total building.

As of Tuesday afternoon, the area where completed stock was kept has not been completely accessible so no one knows just yet if any of the gear survived. I think Dave is posting updates on Instagram but if I hear anything more, I'll be sure to post.

I'm just glad that no one was in the building and that everyone is safe.

There's an extensive thread about the fire on TGP, post from Avi at BAD on Friday with an update, closest to an "official" statement I've seen:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/boutique-amps-distribution-on-fire-burnt-down.2260081/post-32661128

Just terrible news especially on heels of pandemic, glad no lives were lost, hope they can recover & get their employees back to work.

Update at link below from Friedman about the fire - apparently they are moving to another facility. No timeframe.

https://guitar.com/news/industry-news/update-given-on-boutique-amps-distribution-warehouse-fire/