SYN-2 Problems

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMosack

Reaction score
Just as I gave my Synergy stuff a play through last week before moving into a new rack, one of my SYN-2 started pooping out. When I switch from the first SYN-2 (master) to the second (slave), it intermittently sounds really fizzy, compressed and about half its normal volume. Seems to do it on both channels for both modules. Doesn't matter which channel at all. And it happens between channels on the second SYN-2 as well as switching from the first SYN-2. It's kind of intermittent, but it got more persistent the more I played.

My assumption is it's a problem with the SYN-2, since it happens on all four channels. Any pointers on what to start looking at? I contacted Synergy through their website, but silence so far. I was just before the weekend, so perhaps that's part of the silence.

If it's under warranty, contact Synergy directly. My unit showed the same issue and then one day it just went completely silent.
Fortunately it was still under warranty and I sent it to an authorized repair shop.
They never told me exactly what the problem was but it was acknowledged that it was a known issue as they technician told me he was waiting for the specific instructions and parts for the fix.

Interestingly enough, about month ago my unit showed that same behaviour, but this only happened once and it's not under warranty anymore, given that I don't play live anymore, I'm not too concerned but it's still unfortunate to have a mint unit with a factory defect that it's not 100% resolved.

Granted, Synergy's customer support was very good to deal with and their email responses were very quick.

I called them. They said it was likely the tube in the SYN-2. That made perfect sense. Sometimes I forget that all this Synergy stuff is still basically a tube amp. Sure enough, I changed the tube and it was all better.